Question about taking your own alcohol at Isle of Wight?

Rowan99

I understand that you can take your own alcohol in to the campsite but it’s not allowed in the festival site, but I’m just wondering how much booze can you take in to the campsite? I want to put vodka in a plastic bottle, but does the bottle itself need to be a particular size? Or can I empty a 1L coke bottle and just pour it in to that?

Thanks a lot ?

That should be fine, most festivals let you in with loads of alcohol, as long as it’s not deemed exessive, where you could open your own shop in your tent, I’ve done a few festivals, and taken about 30 cans per day, spirits, sours and boxes of wine, if they say owt break it down for them, say it’s for 6 people over 4 days

1 hour ago, ll82 said:

What is classed as the arena?  Is it only the actual campsite where you can use your own drink or are some of the areas outside of the arena?  Thanks!

I heard that you can drink your alcohol in the campsite area and leading up to the arena on the walk to it, but after a certain point the security begin to search you and you need to get rid of you’re own alcohol, only your own sealed 500ml water bottles are allowed.

Not been to IOW, but the arena normally has a big fence all around and contains all the entertainment, and only way in is through a checkpoint, no alcohol inside as they sell it. At the campsite it is ok, sometimes there’s a couple of small stages in between the arena and the camping area where u can usually listen to music and have a drink

is there any chance of sneaking alcohol in to the actual festival or is it proper checks of everything?

like if i took a camping chair in and hid some cans in the bag with it or something? or are camping chairs not allowed in either? haha.

what about giving the security guy a tenner just to let me through with my drink? :lol:

• 3 years later...