Fallow Year Support Thread

JoBalls

17 hours ago, srb said:

Hi all, been away from here a bit trying to put it out of my mind, but this week has been tough. My whole year revolves around the farm. Whatsapp group has been like a victim support unit this week. Consoling myself with a few beers and music (usual weekend really). Under a year to go (ticket Gods permitting).... 

Should we all, and I hope all posters here are sorted in October, be there next year, how much sweeter will it be sitting on top of the hill overlooking the most beautiful sight on earth.

We'll let the cows have their summer of fun; Michael and Emily plus team have a year of less stress - they've deserved it 

Same here.........our 'Not Glasto this year' group is helping but very soon I'll have to change its name to Glasto 2019 and that means only one thing....T day a comin' ?

Edited by smudger

13 hours ago, parsonjack said:

It's not all bad news....we'd have needed wellies to deal with this cow sh*t.

Prob best there was no festival on.

DSC_2129.JPG

I wonder how long it takes them to clean up all the cow pats before the festival each year.

2 hours ago, JoBalls said:

I wonder how long it takes them to clean up all the cow pats before the festival each year.

Michael has a herd of 'Clean-up cows' . He send them out a week or so before the festival starts each year with dustpan and brushes. They do a great job.

well im currently suffering the Glastonbury come down flu .... its a bit of a pain on my birthday weekend ... attended a rhythm of the 90s night at a local golf club yesterday and was never feeling that great ... think its a bit of illness due to last few days emotional rollercoaster ... few days and ill shake it off ... although having type 1 diabetes it makes it a lot harder at such times .... I reckon the cleanup would have been done in record time again this year in other news :)

Well we made it to Sunday bedtime - what would have been Glastonbury weekend is officially over, AND we are officially over the hump!! We are now closer to Glastonbury 2019 than we are from Glastonbury 2017!!

Time to start praying to the ticket gods. 

8 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Well we made it to Sunday bedtime - what would have been Glastonbury weekend is officially over, AND we are officially over the hump!! We are now closer to Glastonbury 2019 than we are from Glastonbury 2017!!

Yeah.....fallow years are so yesterday.

Thread closed?

:P

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 7:12 AM, deebeedoobee said:

Was running along the railway track with Pilton Digger last night. Few kids enjoying playing on the pirate ship but otherwise very quiet as usual. Bins have been put out in key places so folks can bin their rubbish.

There is kind of something desperately comforting about the stories of a few kids on the ship and people having a few cans up at the Stone Circle and at the Spike. Its kind of like the date is being respectfully remembered...

9 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Eerrrrrrrrrm. *pushes up glasses*.  Actually, Glastonbury 2017 ended on the 25th of June and 2019 starts on the 26th of June... So I'm going to be a massive prick and point out that technically speaking, we're not quite over the halfway point yet.

Nah, fuck that, it's downhill all the way to T-Day!

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Eerrrrrrrrrm. *pushes up glasses*.  Actually, Glastonbury 2017 ended on the 25th of June and 2019 starts on the 26th of June... So I'm going to be a massive prick and point out that technically speaking, we're not quite over the halfway point yet.

Quiet you!