Fallow Year Support Thread

JoBalls

Anybody else make connections to Glastonbury in odd ways.

I drove past a field I drive past every day on my way to work this morning and all the cows were waiting by the hedge sticking their heads over (It was sunny also just for added salt in the wound). It's something I've seen a thousand times yet today it hit me and just made me think of the farm and cows at Glastonbury and how much I miss it - had to hold back the tears. It was my hay fever, honest.

In a rather more direct way, Ms DVBs phone reminded me with a pop up  'what you were doing a year ago today' and a photo of us sitting in a cafe possibly somewhere around Croissant Neuf looking slightly sun baked (and remarkably clean for Glastonbury). I couldn't decide if it made me feel better or worse. I think I'm going to try for better.

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook

This time last year I was the perfect level of drunk and dancing the night away in the tent at Williams Green. 

Right now, I’m doing the nightfeed.

Literally could not be a more different situation!! ? Foos tomorrow though. And daydrinking. Lots of daydrinking.

Waking up to this sun all week hasn’t been easy. Out on my run this morning I couldn’t help but think what I’d have been up to last year. Off to Northern Kin festival today, maybe it will fill the void partly. 

Thanks to everyone in this forum, I feel a bit more normal knowing we all feel the same. I also keep feeling like I’m gonna cry!! 

Woke up in Somerset this morning. At risk of sounding like a total buzz kill, the weather is just perfect. Sunny and fresh first thing, temperature is creeping up now, not a cloud in the sky and there's the slightest of breezes to take any sting out of the heat. And that's how it's set until Monday and beyond. I've been to Glastonbury 8 times, why has it NEVER been like that? Oh weather gods, why have you forsaken us? Does our NFRNFC acronym offend you?

• Upvote 1

Its not even like its just sunny there on the camera either. Its sunny, and its even got a few clouds moving across just to give the odd brief respite from the sun. The light there is positively golden, gleaming even when I've looked at it at times over the last few days. Says 20C as well for the local temp - perfect - not too hot or too chilly. And next week is going to be hotter and drier still so no worries either about a Monday front coming in and making leaving wet and difficult. FFS - the weather could not have been more perfect.

Even the badgers there are loving it! :ph34r:

Thing is, sunny sky with a few clouds scudding across it (offering intermediate shade and relief from sun) beats completely clear sky with sun beating down constantly - would we agree?

If so, that picture on the webcam right now is pure Glasto weather perfection. Now for a cry....

10 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

There was a few people on the main drag and standing in front of the Pyramid a minute ago. Who were you lucky sods! Send us a picture!

Keep an eye out tomorrow... @crazyfool1 and myself are heading that way....photos will surely be taken....any special requests...livestock permitting that is?

If you can get over that way, see if you can find any permanent infrastructure in the SE corner that hints to peeps familiar with that venue what it would normally be like this time of year. Other than the long drop platforms anyway. One of the wooden carvings for example, or a forgotten mannequin!

6 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

If you can get over that way, see if you can find any permanent infrastructure in the SE corner that hints to peeps familiar with that venue what it would normally be like this time of year. Other than the long drop platforms anyway. One of the wooden carvings for example, or a forgotten mannequin!

Righto...last time we popped in around November the Queens at the NYC Downlow were still there throwing some shapes....those girls got stamina :P