Fallow Year Support Thread

JoBalls

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It was actually her second year in a row being pregnant at Glasto (first time didn’t work out sadly). She struggled through the mud in 16 then the heat in 17. She’s pretty much said there will be no naughtiness from T-Day onwards this year.

Ahhh I’m sorry to hear that. Sounds like T-Day success will be both a blessing and a curse for you in October then!! 

5 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Weather says Sun all week as well ffs.

You.

You just had to. Didn't you.

:sorry:

12 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Damn. I thought I was meant to be sad next weekend! How did I mess that up? Been thinking that forever.

Hopefully I'd be in and set up in Row Mead right now. Probably on second (final) car run.

I'm working Friday, Saturday and a night shift on Sunday. Couldn't be more differently extreme.

Bollocks.

I'm actually kind of glad I thought it was (I mean would've been) next weekend. It means I can get over it earlier.

Can't believe I got so skew wiff about this.

It generally goes (in terms of June weekends) Download, Isle of Wight, G doesn't it? Is IoW taking advantage of the F year? Obviously. Sure I saw it mentioned somewhere. That may be how I got confused.

Right now? I'd probably be climbing up the hill to Row Mead towards my tent in a not good state. Having seen the fireworks from the SC, been to the eFests meet and seeing Mik Artistik (in reverse order). KIcking myself for having overdone it in terms of walking way too far way too early, and imbibing way much too much way too early.

In the current real world, coming off of a night shift on Tuesday morning and then having Wednesday & Thursday off before a horrendous weekend work shift pattern seems quite similar in a "calm before the storm" type of way.

As in.drive there over Tuesday night to get there for Wedneday opening and your body clock being all out.

I have a couple of days off to muck about and then have to really concentrate.

This is the support thread right?

I'm arguing/replying to myself here!

Councelors? I may be missing those healing fields.

:)

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

We had to abandon plans to travel down on Wednesday last year due to the heat and came on Thursday instead. Mrs Jass was pregnant and we realised that travelling and being out in that heat really wasn't sensible.

10 hours ago, JoBalls said:

I’m impressed with Mrs Jass for managing Glastonbury pregnant at all!! I found out I was pregnant a couple of days after getting home from Glastonbury last year (oops) and I definitely would not have coped with all the walking/standing/soberness!!

Mrs Moth was six weeks so off the booze all weekend, she wasn’t left out though as she was able to join in with the throwing up and feeling shit ?

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s a sacrifice I’ll have to make.

Baby Jass has already been booked to be shipped off to her grandparents for that weekend.

We are currently working on a similar plan for our little one (I can’t refer to him as Baby Balls, it sounds too weird!! ?)

Well at least I don't have the hangover I would have had. Unfortunately I'm not sure having a beer with breakfast will fly at work.

Last fallow year I missed tickets for 13 (after going 09, 10 and 11) so if I get tickets in October it should be easier this time to get through. 

I remember feeling this way in 2006.   Gorgeous sunny day.  No Glasto.  What a pisser.   It's not as bad as a year with no ticket but it's close.  It could at least have the decency to chuck it down. 

I'm off to Deershed this year instead.  Nice small festival.   It's not going to come close is it?

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

At least last fallow year we dodged a bullet weather wise.  This would have been the first completely dry festival for 8 years.

2010 was a superb year.   Walking around in sandals all weekend.  Absolutely brilliant.   

By this reckoning it'll be 2026 when the next one comes along.  

Last total washout 2007.   Hopefully the next isn't next year.

Need to stop thinking about Glasto and do some work.

I thought that I would come on here to cheer myself up but of course it has had the opposite effect. Going to go to Cropredy and End Of The Road this year as an alternative but its just not the same. I might drive down and walk round the Festival site to see if that will help but it probably wont.

Hey Ho. Roll on T day.

30 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

We are currently working on a similar plan for our little one (I can’t refer to him as Baby Balls, it sounds too weird!! ?)

My wife was 4 months pregnant last Glastonbury and coped really well. The heat got to her on Wednesday a bit and she had a bit a back ache but nothing to bad. The worse thing for her was having to get up 3 times a night for the toilet, we camped in a quiet campsite close to the composting toilets for this reason.

If it was on this year we would have taken baby Zepplin, it would be different to our normal Glastonbury but I'm looking forward to it being different. Getting up at 6am rather than getting in a 6 will be the biggest change

24 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

My wife was 4 months pregnant last Glastonbury and coped really well. The heat got to her on Wednesday a bit and she had a bit a back ache but nothing to bad. The worse thing for her was having to get up 3 times a night for the toilet, we camped in a quiet campsite close to the composting toilets for this reason.

If it was on this year we would have taken baby Zepplin, it would be different to our normal Glastonbury but I'm looking forward to it being different. Getting up at 6am rather than getting in a 6 will be the biggest change

Please say your baby's name is actually Zepplin.