Fallow Year Support Thread

JoBalls

Ahhh man it was just a good day last year on the Wednesday, hot (maybe too hot), sunny and everyone was in the best mood because we'd all made it onsite without any mud/rain related issues. 

It's like having winter without Christmas :(

• Downvote 1

21 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Right about now I should be sitting in the beer garden in The Vanbrugh pub having just arrived in London. Waiting for my mates to meet me when the finish work. 

I keep thinking, at least you have next year. The I remember I may not even get a ticket! :( 

The Vanbrugh is a nice pub! Ended up there randomly for lunch a few years back. 

15 hours ago, D-Low said:

I went to Primavera thinking it would numb the absence. It didn't.

I experience each year as if it's my last and perhaps that's what makes Glastonbury so damn special. You never know if you will be lucky enough to get a ticket so when you're there its an incredible privilege and you feel a part of something truly special. That drive out of the gates on Monday morning on to the tarmacked road never gets any easier.

"It's only a week. It's only a week. It's only a week"I keep trying to tell myself. (It's definitely not only a week :crying:)

This is kind of where I'm at - having finally experienced the horror of completely missing out on tickets in 2016, I now don't take for granted that I'll be going... not that I ever fully took it for granted but always assumed that somehow I just would.

It's been a rough few months for me - moving house, which has been hugely stressful, and I lost a very dear friend just two months ago, someone who I shared four Glastonburys with. For that reason, I really, really, really want to go next year - to relive some special memories, maybe have a little emotional moment. It will be tough, but the good kind of tough. Really hope I can get a ticket. But actually my brain is so frazzled right now that I'm sort of glad it's not this year actually.

Going to my first Green Man this year, which should be good. New festival, new site, new experiences. It won't be Glasto by any stretch, but it will be nice to try something new.

Once this week is over, the T-day countdown fully begins... and then the endless speculation!

That Wednesday was amazing and insanely hard work in almost equal measure. I put up four tents and then collapsed in the shade with a couple of litres of water - a good hour of slopping as much on my head as in my mouth resulted in me finally feeling human by about 4pm-ish, when I found the Brooklyn bar by theatre&circus and had a few pints in the sunshine awaiting the influx of mates who were very grateful for my erectile abilities ?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

That Wednesday was amazing and insanely hard work in almost equal measure. I put up four tents and then collapsed in the shade with a couple of litres of water - a good hour of slopping as much on my head as in my mouth resulted in me finally feeling human by about 4pm-ish, when I found the Brooklyn bar by theatre&circus and had a few pints in the sunshine awaiting the influx of mates who were very grateful for my erectile abilities ?

Just out of curiosity was the zorb football going on near that bar?  I was sat there in the sun enjoying watching kids knock each other flying, but can't remember where it was in relation to the boozer

1 hour ago, JoBalls said:

The webcam is kinda making me feel better. It’s DEFINITELY not secretly happening without us!!

Unless they've switched in old footage for the past few weeks to hide the build. Only to suddenly go back to live pictures at 11pm on Sunday night, revealing the truth.

37 minutes ago, incident said:

Unless they've switched in old footage for the past few weeks to hide the build. Only to suddenly go back to live pictures at 11pm on Sunday night, revealing the truth.

Oh my god, someone go and check!!!

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We had to abandon plans to travel down on Wednesday last year due to the heat and came on Thursday instead. Mrs Jass was pregnant and we realised that travelling and being out in that heat really wasn't sensible.

I’m impressed with Mrs Jass for managing Glastonbury pregnant at all!! I found out I was pregnant a couple of days after getting home from Glastonbury last year (oops) and I definitely would not have coped with all the walking/standing/soberness!!

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is kind of where I'm at - having finally experienced the horror of completely missing out on tickets in 2016, I now don't take for granted that I'll be going... not that I ever fully took it for granted but always assumed that somehow I just would.

It's been a rough few months for me - moving house, which has been hugely stressful, and I lost a very dear friend just two months ago, someone who I shared four Glastonburys with. For that reason, I really, really, really want to go next year - to relive some special memories, maybe have a little emotional moment. It will be tough, but the good kind of tough. Really hope I can get a ticket. But actually my brain is so frazzled right now that I'm sort of glad it's not this year actually.

Going to my first Green Man this year, which should be good. New festival, new site, new experiences. It won't be Glasto by any stretch, but it will be nice to try something new.

Once this week is over, the T-day countdown fully begins... and then the endless speculation!

Sorry to hear about your dear friend. It would be a touching tribute to attend next year in their memory.

I've done 3 Greenman's and it's a wonderfully beautiful place. You're in for a treat!

So much has gone on for me in the year that's passed by. This time last year I was freshly (crisply) burnt, applying newly bought after sun and getting ready for the fireworks...

Hopefully in years time I'll back again!

Enjoy Green Man @Zoo Music Girl and good luck come T-Day.

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

Sorry to hear about your dear friend. It would be a touching tribute to attend next year in their memory.

I've done 3 Greenman's and it's a wonderfully beautiful place. You're in for a treat!

Thanks D-Low. Appreciate that :) I know there will be so many memories but it does seem a fitting sendoff to revisit them there. And good to hear about Green Man! Everything I've seen looks lovely.

20 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

So much has gone on for me in the year that's passed by. This time last year I was freshly (crisply) burnt, applying newly bought after sun and getting ready for the fireworks...

Hopefully in years time I'll back again!

Enjoy Green Man @Zoo Music Girl and good luck come T-Day.

Thank you! And to you :)

1 hour ago, JoBalls said:

I’m impressed with Mrs Jass for managing Glastonbury pregnant at all!! I found out I was pregnant a couple of days after getting home from Glastonbury last year (oops) and I definitely would not have coped with all the walking/standing/soberness!!

It was actually her second year in a row being pregnant at Glasto (first time didn’t work out sadly). She struggled through the mud in 16 then the heat in 17. She’s pretty much said there will be no naughtiness from T-Day onwards this year.