Fallow Year Support Thread

JoBalls

19 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Yeah it's gutting in a way. Reckon it would have been a good one this year.

I think you have been lucky. This year was the year of an horrendous fire in one of the big tents. The person you are sharing a tent with had eaten something bad a shit themselves all over your tent.

Then the next day when coming up on something very potent you slip and break your leg in several places. On the trip to the hospital you are convinced that you are being taken by skeleton doctors into the bowls of hell to have your soul painfully removed by Satan himself

When you return 2 days later you re not fit enough to walk around, you have missed all the bands you wanted to see and are left to see some very poor performance. Then you have to pack up your shit filled tent.

You then vow never to return.

So I think you have been lucky this year. Next year though is going to be a blinder for you and the best one yet

Edited by fred quimby
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I think you have been lucky. This year was the year of an horrendous fire in one of the big tents. The person you are sharing a tent with had eaten something bad a shit themselves all over your tent.

Then the next day when coming up on something very potent you slip and break your leg in several places. On the trip to the hospital you are convinced that you are being taken by skeleton doctors into the bowls of hell to have your soul painfully removed by Satan himself

When you return 2 days later you re not fit enough to walk around, you have missed all the bands you wanted to see and are left to see some very poor performance. Then you have to pack up your shit filled tent.

So I think you have been lucky this year. Next year though is going to be a blinder for you and the best one yet

Fairly standard year then for me. Perhaps next year I'll bring some Imodium and a crutch in case of a repeat performance....

4 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Don't joke about that. Seriously, please don't. And I was *sober*... :(

I went to Primavera thinking it would numb the absence. It didn't.

I experience each year as if it's my last and perhaps that's what makes Glastonbury so damn special. You never know if you will be lucky enough to get a ticket so when you're there its an incredible privilege and you feel a part of something truly special. That drive out of the gates on Monday morning on to the tarmacked road never gets any easier.

"It's only a week. It's only a week. It's only a week"I keep trying to tell myself. (It's definitely not only a week :crying:)

Thanks to the beauty that is Spotify, I’ve recently discovered I have a love for Elton John. Must be the gay gene.

This time of year always gets to me when there’s no Glastonbury and so my mind’s been a little preoccupied the last week or so with who might be on the bill next year.

If Elton doesn’t rock up then there’s no justice in the world. This song is meant for the Pyramid.

Sidenote: The new Arctic Monkeys album is about the best thing I’ve heard all year so I hope they rock up next summer. Star Treatment as the sun’s going down... Bliss...

• Upvote 1

I'm trying not to think about it, but in doing that all I'm doing is thinking about trying not to think about it.

Roll on October, this WILL be the year I get tickets in the original sale. The thought of having to wait until the resale for the fifth time in a row is way too stressful given there was no festival this year. 

Damn. I thought I was meant to be sad next weekend! How did I mess that up? Been thinking that forever.

Hopefully I'd be in and set up in Row Mead right now. Probably on second (final) car run.

I'm working Friday, Saturday and a night shift on Sunday. Couldn't be more differently extreme.

Bollocks.