Fallow Year Support Thread

JoBalls

Is anyone else feeling sad in the knowledge that usually this would be the best week of the year? I keep thinking about what I’d normally be doing right now in a festival year!! And at the moment I’d just be packing and decanting, It’s only going to get worse as we creep towards the weekend... ?

The weather forecast is not helping either!! 

Can't help but think about it.....and yes I couldn't resist checking out the Glasto weather forecast over the weekend. 

No last minute purchases to make or packing to do.......Feel somewhat of a loose end this week!  Want to find another festival to go to or even watch on tv but it will never be the same :(

Should be ticking things off my list right now ready to put stuff in the van for an early start tomorrow morning. Buy a coffee en route and off we go! Feeling sad! I live very close to the A303 so won't be going anywhere near today... tear in my eye. Xx

Gonna throw a garden party for family. Shall erect large speakers at bottom of garden playing rock music. Shall have another system playing Dance tracks at top of garden. Shall sit at halfway point listening to both whilst waving a flag in relatives faces. Shall tell off granny for bringing a chair to sit on. Shall try to have complex conversations with distant relatives without gurning.  Shall drink cider out of a shit card board cup. I will finish by taking a dump on compost heap. Sorted.   X 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

its quite an emotional roller coaster week for me ...the mixed emotions of my job coming to an end ... the mixed emotions of football ...  along with birthday celebrations and of course the no Glastonbury visit to Glastonbury ... not sure weather to laugh or cry at the moment ... its a very different year ahead for me :) 

37 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

First time in 3 years I’ve been in work this week :(

Yeah, first time since I've been in this job that I haven't been going.  People seem confused that I'm not bouncing off the walls or looking at a clashfinder.

They'll be proper baffled when I turn up for work next Tuesday not looking like a badger's arse :lol:

• Upvote 1

I have tried to stay away from here during the fallow as it's just too tough knowing it's ages until the next one but i thought i'd pop by and see how everyone else is coping. Good to know i'm not the only one feeling lost this week. I don't like the fact i am in work too! 

At least I am away down to London to see the Foo's this weekend to try and make it slightly better. I don't know how you all manage to stay motivated and keep the chat going during the fallow. I tip my hat to you all. 

It seems like there’s a few of us easing the pain by going to see the Foos this weekend. 

59 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Take heart from the knowledge that in a week's time we will be closer to the next festival than the last one.

Thank goodness. Once this week is over all focus will be on the first Sunday in October and praying to the ticket gods.

Come on gang, we knew this was going to be a hard slog.  Very soon, Glastonbury is going to be less than 12 months away, meaning we've actually got through the entire fallow year!  It will soon be T-day, headliner rumours will be out soon, followed by the first announcements and a flood of undercard SRs and TBCs. Then the webcam and tickets being mailed.... and GLASTO!

We've done the really hard bit, roll on the normal build up to Glasonbury 2019!  

• Upvote 12

We've been lucky enough to have got tickets every year since the last fallow year. So today is feeling particularly weird and sad. Normally the camper would have been packed up and ready to go by yesterday. Despite trying to be organised so today/Tuesday could be as chilled as possible, every year at this time would be the same - I'd have forgotten something so would now normally be rushing to sort out whatever it was and get on the road. The camper is an old VW T25, which takes time to get anywhere so even if we did manage to set off about now, we would normally hope to be on site by about 2pm for a relaxed setup. This year apart from a trip for its MOT, it sits idle. 

I'm trying not to think about T day, after all I should be trying to live the days in between T day and Glastonbury. However,  I'm not doing it particularly well ?.

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook