Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Chelsea/Liverpool big game next week

two big games between them this week. Both should be interesting - tho I'm guessing both will field weakened teams mid-week. Chelsea manager has already started talking down their chances.

-----

Anyone notice VvD replaced by Joe Gomez on Saturday? Nope, me neither. Top top defender! 

Edited by eFestivals

30 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Chelsea manager has already started talking down their chances.

By admitting the game will be difficult? Nah, I think that's fair enough and any manager would agree. He was merely pointing out that Liverpool are a step ahead as Klopp has had several years to implement a system and get the players he wants playing a certain way. 

The midweek game is unlikely to indicate anything other than who has better strength in depth. Chelsea would've eased this in the past but times are changing. I'll be at the game but not expecting many thrills.

As for the weekend, it could go either way. Liverpool have been strong defensively but if Hazard has one of those days, it won't matter who they have in the back four.

56 minutes ago, jyoung said:

As for the weekend, it could go either way. Liverpool have been strong defensively but if Hazard has one of those days, it won't matter who they have in the back four.

the good thing about Liverpool for the bigger games is that they seem to find an extra level, so it should be a great game whatever the result.

How rubbish has Sanchez been for Utd? Highest paid player in the league, and 2 goals in 17 games to show for it! More bookings than goals this season

Is looking like arsenal were right to get rid when they did...

Salah now has as many assists and 1 less goal than he did this time last season. He's probably going to be ok.. 

Edited by zahidf

40 minutes ago, zahidf said:

How rubbish has Sanchez been for Utd? Highest paid player in the league, and 2 goals in 17 games to show for it! More bookings than goals this season

Is looking like arsenal were right to get rid when they did...

As I’ve said for years, united have an absolute shit transfer policy.

Usually pay no attention to award shows but, last night - Salahs goal better than Bales? :lol: Salah in the top 3 but doesn't make the 11. Courtois apparently the best keeper in the world but De Gea (who wasn't even in the top 3) makes the 11?! Messi (45 goals, domestic double) not even nominated?!

What the fuck are they at?

52 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Usually pay no attention to award shows but, last night - Salahs goal better than Bales? :lol: Salah in the top 3 but doesn't make the 11. Courtois apparently the best keeper in the world but De Gea (who wasn't even in the top 3) makes the 11?! Messi (45 goals, domestic double) not even nominated?!

Salahs goal didnt even win goal of the month in the prem. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

It's a joke. Dani Alves starts 23 games and has no real impact outside of French competitions but is the best right back in the world.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Derby are a tough team. And as Jose said, if it goes to penalties, it's be 50/50.

Anyway, Utd can now concentrate on the top 4 trophy and getting to the champs league semi finals. So clever Jose!

Credit to Derby scoring 8 penalties in a row. I was sure they were going to miss when the last bloke took that short run up, then I saw Phil Jones walk up and knew he would miss!

52 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Credit to Derby scoring 8 penalties in a row. I was sure they were going to miss when the last bloke took that short run up, then I saw Phil Jones walk up and knew he would miss!

You and Jose both

I'm glad he kicked Phil Jones when he was down as well. Good man management

Didn't see the Utd game last night but sounded awful. 3 shots on target? Same as the weekend. 1 nil up against Wolves at home and then sitting back. ?

West Ham, Valencia, Newcastle, Chelsea, Juventus next 5. He'll be lucky to make November at this rate. Just can't continue to play that style of football at the club.

48 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Didn't see the Utd game last night but sounded awful. 3 shots on target? Same as the weekend. 1 nil up against Wolves at home and then sitting back. ?

West Ham, Valencia, Newcastle, Chelsea, Juventus next 5. He'll be lucky to make November at this rate. Just can't continue to play that style of football at the club.

Mourinho's style just doesn't seem to be working anymore. It used to be that he'd walk over mid- and low-table teams, then go avoid losing at all costs against rivals. Now the lower teams don't have that fear anymore though and are giving them a fight every match. If he does go before Christmas, who's likely to replace him? The only name I've really heard is Zidane.