Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ThomThomDrum

Football 18/19

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

He may have saved the peno and we would all be saying how great he is (not that Im saying he should have) and with the first Brighton goal he may have had a better starting position to get to the ball before the striker, cutting out the danger. Again Im not saying he should have and im not saying it was an error, but when someone like him is on top form he does things like that and we are all impressed..........

The first Brighton goal was 100% Lindelofs fault for letting Murray run in front of him. Poor poor defending. 

From a poor poor defender. 

Just not buying this twitter lead "not the player he was" after one mistake for Spain.  

Edited by The Nal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The first Brighton goal was 100% Lindelofs fault for letting Murray run in front of him. Poor poor defending. 

From a poor poor defender. 

Just not buying this twitter lead "not the player he was" after one mistake for Spain.  

Im in no way saying it was his fault. De Gea does have a record of moping up after others mistakes and impressing folk in the process. When he is on top top form he saves penos and cuts out crosses that others mistakes allowed to get in there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the issue is that De Gea for the last few years has made the exceptional look normal (Aguero suffers with similar) to the point where anything else is considered a serious drop.

I'd say he's still in the top three worldwide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No question yeah but out of the 7 this season, he could do nothing. 

but you'd say exactly the same for all of the ones he superhuman-saved in the past if he'd not have superhuman-saved them. :P

The difference between his superhuman days and right now is that he would have some something and not nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see how you can draw any conclusion at all on statistics from just 4 games.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LJS said:

I can't see how you can draw any conclusion at all on statistics from just 4 games.

 

the conclusion is drawn from more than those games, it includes the world cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

When he is on top top form he saves penos  

Eh? He’s only saved 5 pens since he arrived at united.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the conclusion is drawn from more than those games, it includes the world cup.

In which pretty much the whole Spanish squad underperformed. 

I understand why people could point to his performances and have a question or two but not to this extent. If he’s still not pulling out exceptional save after exceptional save in a couple of months then fair enough. It’s one WC and 4 PL games - in which he’s still made some exceptional saves. He’s already saved us at least 2 points this season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sdvruxk said:

In which pretty much the whole Spanish squad underperformed. 

I understand why people could point to his performances and have a question or two but not to this extent. If he’s still not pulling out exceptional save after exceptional save in a couple of months then fair enough. It’s one WC and 4 PL games - in which he’s still made some exceptional saves. He’s already saved us at least 2 points this season!

My original questioning was along the lines of "if it's permanent".

He's defo dipped from his very high form, but it might all be over this weekend,

(hope not :P )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think his shootout performance against Russia is one of the worst I have seen from a top keeper.

I remember watching an 850 year old Brad Friedel in a shootout for Spurs in Europe a few years back. He didn't even get close to a single one, remember thinking right there that he really needed to call it a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

United will win by one or two goals and everyone will go "Oh, Watford aren't actually that good they just beat three teams at their level and had one good result against Spurs".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Who would of thought that Watford V Man Utd would be such an intriguing prospect this early in the season?

Yeah pressure on already.

Speaking of, Liverpools next month: Spurs, PSG, Saints, Chelsea x 2, Napoli, City, Huddersfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah pressure on already.

Speaking of, Liverpools next month: Spurs, PSG, Saints, Chelsea x 2, Napoli, City, Huddersfield. 

Yup tough game, important for Watford top 4 hopes. Tbf, this is the sort of game (mid table team at home) Watford should be winning to make it In eruope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

United will win by one or two goals and everyone will go "Oh, Watford aren't actually that good they just beat three teams at their level and had one good result against Spurs".

Watford best Utd 3-1 at the same fixture last year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah pressure on already.

Speaking of, Liverpools next month: Spurs, PSG, Saints, Chelsea x 2, Napoli, City, Huddersfield. 

Such a tough run, particularly the run week with Chelsea, Napoli and City. I'm feeling excited about it though, think it's gonna be an entertaining few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Watford best Utd 3-1 at the same fixture last year 

Bournemouth beat Chelsea 3-0 last season. Doesn't mean I'd expect anything except a Chelsea win in the same fixture this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah pressure on already.

Speaking of, Liverpools next month: Spurs, PSG, Saints, Chelsea x 2, Napoli, City, Huddersfield. 

Those Southampton and Huddersfield matches look tricky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

United will win by one or two goals and everyone will go "Oh, Watford aren't actually that good they just beat three teams at their level and had one good result against Spurs".

I think this is likely, yeah. 

2-0 United for me.

As for the early kick off: I'm going 2-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange feeling. Happy to have won but actually pretty annoyed as we wasted so many opportunities which should have made the game so much more comfortable at the end. Salah and Mane both had a few greedy moments which luckily didn't come back to bite us.

5/5 without really getting out of 3rd gear is pretty good going though!

Bring on PSG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...