Jump to content
ThomThomDrum

Football 18/19

Recommended Posts

Mourinho looks finished a the very highest level. His "I'm being persecuted" shtick has worn thin and all he seems to do now is piss people off, both the fans and those inside the club. He's been shown up by the likes of Guardiola and Klopp who have demonstrated that it's possible to both win football matches and enjoy doing it at the same time. For all his griping about money people seem to forget that United have spent an absolute shitload while he has been there (Pogba, Lukaku, the two £30m+ centre halves playing yesterday...).

I predict a slow and bitter divorce over the course of the season before Jose skulks off to PSG where the owners will kiss his arse as he wins a few titles but never gets near the Champions League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 8:21 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

Weird game that one. Arsenal were abysmal yet should have scored 5. Despite that, probably a fair result. Bellerin is a tragic defender.

Not sure what their attempt at playing out from the back is, either. Cech passes it to one CB, who has no options so passes it back to Cech, who passes it to the other CB, who has no options so passes it back to Cech, who after a few repetitions boots it upfield. Even worse doing it when 3-2 down with 60 seconds to play.

The unfortunate thing about playing out from the back is that whilst learning it, results can be calamitous and shocking to watch. To the fan, when you see the glaring mistakes, all you can think is, just boot it out. Or smash it upfield.

As mentioned, Pep's first season was very hit and miss and at times they looked like they couldn't handle his tactics at all. Ultimately a big change in personal occured and maybe that's something that will have to happen at Arsenal. A few more specialist players for the system.

You had the chances to kill us off in the first half and on another day, they're going on. Chelsea played well but our own shortcomings were covered by a last gasp winner so naturally people are positive about our chances and less so about yours but there will be better days for both teams. Obviously we're ecstatic to walk away with the w though.

I don't think it will be a terrible season for Arsenal. The new midfielder looks good. They just need to decide when is appropriate to insist on this style and when they need to turn to plan b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I predict a slow and bitter divorce over the course of the season before Jose skulks off to PSG where the owners will kiss his arse as he wins a few titles but never gets near the Champions League.

It's very likely that this will happen. Sad to watch really. When he first came to Chelsea he was dynamite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

You can’t blame a fish when you ask it to climb a tree and it can’t.

eric, is that you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

You can’t blame a fish when you ask it to climb a tree and it can’t.

You've obviously never met Robofish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

You can’t blame a fish when you ask it to climb a tree and it can’t.

mudskipper.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mourinho looks finished a the very highest level. His "I'm being persecuted" shtick has worn thin and all he seems to do now is piss people off, both the fans and those inside the club. He's been shown up by the likes of Guardiola and Klopp who have demonstrated that it's possible to both win football matches and enjoy doing it at the same time. For all his griping about money people seem to forget that United have spent an absolute shitload while he has been there (Pogba, Lukaku, the two £30m+ centre halves playing yesterday...).

I predict a slow and bitter divorce over the course of the season before Jose skulks off to PSG where the owners will kiss his arse as he wins a few titles but never gets near the Champions League.

There comes a time when football passes you by. Could be premature to say it after 2 games but the pressure is huge already. Spurs next Monday, massive game. 

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The claims of DDG being the best keeper in the world seem to have reduced recently.

How many of those shots were mistakes from De Gea? One?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone watched the City documentary on Prime? Gonna dig into it tonight. Looks fascinating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

How many of those shots were mistakes from De Gea? One?

that's not really the point.

A number of them were shots you'd expect him to save, if he's at his normal form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jyoung said:

Anyone watched the City documentary on Prime? Gonna dig into it tonight. Looks fascinating!

not classy.

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eFestivals said:

that's not really the point.

A number of them were shots you'd expect him to save, if he's at his normal form.

Which ones? The Ronaldo brain fart aside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

There comes a time when football passes you by. Could be premature to say it after 2 games but the pressure is huge already. Spurs next Monday, massive game. 

How many of those shots were mistakes from De Gea? One?

He was very poor in the world cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Which ones? The Ronaldo brain fart aside. 

Murray's yesterday. Duffy's yesterday. Penalty yesterday. He might not have got all three.

They would have classed as exceptional saves, but exceptional saves is what he used to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Murray's yesterday. Duffy's yesterday. Penalty yesterday. He might not have got all three.

They would have classed as exceptional saves, but exceptional saves is what he used to do.

Agent Smith from the Matrix wouldnt have saved Duffys shot yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just watched Saturday night's MOTD and saw Phil Neville claim that Everton signed Malcom on deadline day. Baffling how he keeps getting punditry jobs.

They did sign a lot of players from Barca, can we be certain that Malcolm didn't slip in somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jyoung said:

Anyone watched the City documentary on Prime? Gonna dig into it tonight. Looks fascinating!

Episode 7 is very good. Not bothering with any of the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

eric, is that you?

We could do with someone with the character and skill of the big man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

They would have classed as exceptional saves, but exceptional saves is what he used to do.

I was about to post something similar to this. He has made some errors this season but as everyone is used to such high standards from him they tend to stand out more. 
Plus I would also suggest this is the worst defence he's played behind which adds extra pressure and leads to these kinds of mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I was about to post something similar to this. He has made some errors this season but as everyone is used to such high standards from him they tend to stand out more. 
Plus I would also suggest this is the worst defence he's played behind which adds extra pressure and leads to these kinds of mistakes.

What mistakes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I was about to post something similar to this. He has made some errors this season but as everyone is used to such high standards from him they tend to stand out more. 
Plus I would also suggest this is the worst defence he's played behind which adds extra pressure and leads to these kinds of mistakes.

Bailey and lindeof aren't bad players. Jose has broken them it seems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...