Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Newcastle have spent money on players

:O

Schar seems like a reasonable signing. We need a CB to partner Lascalles while Lejeune is injured, and to push that duo for a place afterwards. Someone to keep Ciaran Clark further from the starting line-up.

Not too sure about Muto though. £9.5m is a high price for us to pay by Ashley standards, but he only scored 8 goals in the Bundesliga last season. I'd prefer this sort of gamble signings than the known mediocrity of Rondon, but as I said earlier, if we buy one good striker surely that'd be cheaper than endlessly rotating through mediocre ones every season?

10 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Newcastle have spent money on players

:O

Schar seems like a reasonable signing. We need a CB to partner Lascalles while Lejeune is injured, and to push that duo for a place afterwards. Someone to keep Ciaran Clark further from the starting line-up.

Not too sure about Muto though. £9.5m is a high price for us to pay by Ashley standards, but he only scored 8 goals in the Bundesliga last season. I'd prefer this sort of gamble signings than the known mediocrity of Rondon, but as I said earlier, if we buy one good striker surely that'd be cheaper than endlessly rotating through mediocre ones every season?

Mitro and Gayle supposely on their way out. Not sure Rondon is the answer or this Japanese lad.

15 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Mitro and Gayle supposely on their way out. Not sure Rondon is the answer or this Japanese lad.

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about losing Gayle, he had that great season for us in the Championship but he's missing his hamstrings and hasn't really scored much for us since. Mitro's a shame, but I'd be fine with it if we get a decent replacement. Which we won't.

I think Mitrovic is the best striker we've signed since Demba Ba. He has his problems but he's got more goal threat than anyone else on our books. If it was Mitro out Welbeck in I'd be fine with it, but every other report hasn't been promising.

I'll try supporting Muto, hopefully he'll work well for us, but his record isn't exactly inspiring. Muto/Rondon/Joselu isn't a set of striking options to make opposition defenses fearful.

5 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

We're gonna need goals from all over again. Young lad might even be brought up to the main team at this rate.

I'm hoping the way Kennedy and Perez linked up in the second half of last season continues. Their passes to each other created most of our goals.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Maureen having a pop at the Reds about cash yet wants McGuire for 60m. Ok.

Jose moaning no way, 3rd season syndrome. I am Counting down and the marquee and champagne is on ice, hopefully the season is recoverable when he does one.

30 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I would be reluctant to spend big money on McGuire on the basis of a decent World Cup. He was solid in the premiership, but he didnt look a can’t miss prospect.

Don’t think spending big and turning out a lemon is a big deal to the big clubs.

Especially as most of united’s signings in the past 5 years have been lemons.

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

McGuire is a decent player but 60m is a bit mad.

That’s just the starting bid isn’t it? Will go higher than that if successful. Leicester don’t want to sell and quite rightly want top dollar for him, same as Southampton with your CB and Kyle Walker going to City. 

4 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

He's scored about 40 in 200 games. 

We need a goal scorering cf.

He has played winger for a lot of those games and a lot are sub appearances. Basing a strikers ability on their goal scoring record alone is naive. 

A good example is that you lot are moaning about Rondon being an option. When he was at Zenit he scored 20 in 37 games. I'm sure you'd be buzzing if you were signing him straight from Zenit as you place so much weight on goal scoring records. It's only his lower goal scoring record at West Brom that has put you off him.

For the record, I think Rondon would be a great signing for you. He's always impressed me when I've seen him. Very difficult to deal with. Pretty quick and very strong. Good finisher as well.

Who are you expecting to get that's better?