Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Got a mate in Spain. Apparently Spanish media are hyping the hooligan element and the Liverpool fountain pusher seems to be being played on an endless loop on tv.. I really hope he’s exaggerating (which is possible)

That was hand ball but Llorente's against City was not? ?‍♂️??

Looks like the occasion has got to both teams. Spurs all huff and puff without any end product. Liverpool have been awful.  

Liverpool to get another and finish the game off.

48 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Going into the match I thought no English team has won the champions league after playing particularly well and Harry Kane had never done it in the big matches. That final hasn’t made me change my mind on either.

I think those semi finals were great performances by the English teams!

Kane was basically injured.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Has he been injured in every big semi/final he has played in? People in the past have called Kane the best centre forward in the world. What is the definitive Kane game?

Is that the criteria? Having one big game?

He's won the golden boot more than once. Including the euros!

Wasn't a great performance but he is coming of injury. 

Edited by zahidf

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Spurs semi may have been a great comeback, but was far from a great performance over 2 legs against a side with significantly lower wage bill.

A team who beat juventus and Real Madrid you mean? And Liverpool played excellently both legs vs Barca. 

6 hours ago, zahidf said:

Is that the criteria? Having one big game?

No, I think the truly world class forwards have more than 1 big performance in a big game, I was setting a low bar.

He's won the golden boot more than once. Including the euros!

The golden boot ranks a winning goal in a premiership decider as equal value to the 5th goal against Brighton in a 5-0 win. I accept Kane is a prolific premiership scorer and as good as anyone as racking up goals against average/poor teams.

Also from memory he didn't score in the Euros. Are you talking about the world cup when he just accumulated goals against poor sides who were all below premiership level?

Wasn't a great performance but he is coming of injury. 

I have seen him play poorly in several big games, is that all down to fitness? He didn't look particularly unfit yesterday, isn't it possible he just played badly because players sometimes play badly?

Edited by pink_triangle

A team who beat juventus and Real Madrid you mean? And Liverpool played excellently both legs vs Barca. 

Juventus and Real Madrid should not be losing to Ajax and neither should Spurs. I agree Liverpool played well throughout the tournament and we're deserved winners. I think Spurs never reached the level of performance Liverpool did and relied a lot more on luck which dried up for the final. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

as was Firmino. One manager rectified it with a substitution, the other didn't. 

Dreadful match after those super-exciting semis. :( 

Oh yeah. Match wasn't exciting at all. 

I get why he kept Kane on: he plays badly but then randomly scores. Big call to lose that. Not sure it would have made much difference if he had. If anything, I thought Eriksen played worse.