Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

19 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Hard to look beyond Man Utd getting that 4th place now.

If their form continues and ours remains inconsistent then yep. Winning Europa could be our best chance at getting CL football. Wouldn't bet on it though.

Edited by jyoung

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a city going like that looks like the City we all thought they were at the start of the season - a shoe-in as champions.

Most teams aren't going to be as bad as Chelsea were yesterday though. Horror show of a defensive performance.

Go down to the wire I reckon: some of Liverpool's injuries are starting to come back, and they are in 2 less completions than city.

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

Most teams aren't going to be as bad as Chelsea were yesterday though. Horror show of a defensive performance.

Yep. Arsenal esque.

45 minutes ago, The Nal said:

21 really? Wow. Yeah all coming up Ole. Neymar and Cavani out for PSG too.  

It's ridiculous when you look at that stat. Just goes to show for how good United have been, Chelsea have been disastrous. 

12 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Yep. Arsenal esque.

It's ridiculous when you look at that stat. Just goes to show for how good United have been, Chelsea have been disastrous. 

Will they wait until the FA Cup and pisspot final before deciding on sacking him?

Dunno what that was yesterday but it didn't look like Chelsea. 

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Will they wait until the FA Cup and pisspot final before deciding on sacking him?

Dunno what that was yesterday but it didn't look like Chelsea. 

Who knows. Season could be over this month when you look at the fixtures.

IMO, if you go for a guy like Sarri you need to A, give him more than one season and B, back him not the players (have done already with to some extent with Higuain, Jorginho in). City board backed Pep and replaced Zabaleta, Clichy and Kolarov with Walker, Mendy and Danilo. We've got plenty of dead wood and the squad is stretched bare thin.

Problem may be that this team are used to winning a certain way (under Conte and Mou). If someone new comes in and says oh this is the way to win beautifully and it doesn't work out, I doubt they're going to have much faith in the tactics. You've heard of CFC players downing their tools before. 

There is no plan B. It's play this way or else. Kovacic replacing Barkley and vice versa every game after 60 mins. Jorginho looking like a luxury we can't afford. People pointing the finger at Kante's position. The lack of game time for CHO. Genuinely don't know what the solution is but as I said, reinforcements are more than necessary.

Edited by jyoung

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Who knows. Season could be over this month when you look at the fixtures.

IMO, if you go for a guy like Sarri you need to A, give him more than one season and B, back him not the players. City board backed Pep and replaced Zabaleta, Clichy and Kolarov with Walker, Mendy and Danilo. We've got plenty of dead wood and the squad is stretched bare thin.

Problem may be that this team are used to winning a certain way (under Conte and Mou). If someone new comes in and says oh this is the way to win beautifully and it doesn't work out, I doubt they're going to have much faith in the tactics. You've heard of CFC players downing their tools before. 

There is no plan B. It's play this way or else. Kovacic replacing Barkley and vice versa every game after 60 mins. Jorginho looking like a luxury we can't afford. People pointing the finger at Kante's position. The lack of game time for CHO. Genuinely don't know what the solution is but as I said, reinforcements are more than necessary.

It was a weird appointment for Chelsea I would of thought, a team that is all about winning trophies. It isn't a club renowned for longevity, bringing youth through or fancy football and they bring in a manager who has not won a single trophy. 

Edited by thetime

Was feeling all upbeat on Saturday night, really good performance, some of the players who've not been playing as well as normal seemed to have their mojo back, could have and should have scored more, thinking there's a chance Chelsea could get something at City, at least give them a hard game....

Come about half 4 on Sunday... :D

Champions League back and tough ones to predict.

City to go through quite comfortable.

united to go out by the odd goal, much better chance than when the draw was made.

Spurs to go out against Dortmund.

Liverpool will be an interesting one, no Van Dijk for Liverpool in the 1st leg and no Müller for Munich. I would say Liverpool to go through, there pressing game to much for an ageing Munich side. 

Just now, thetime said:

Champions League back and tough ones to predict.

City to go through quite comfortable.

united to go out by the odd goal, much better chance than when the draw was made.

Spurs to go out against Dortmund.

Liverpool will be an interesting one, no Van Dijk for Liverpool in the 1st leg and no Müller for Munich. I would say Liverpool to go through, there pressing game to much for an ageing Munich side. 

I fancy Liverpool to beat Bayern over two legs and United to beat PSG.