Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

45 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Injury, yes. Everything else, no. He knows the offer is there and he is happy to wait until the end of the season to make a decision. He has made that clear. He wanted the move after the World Cup but it didn't happen. He came back and has maintained his influential performances despite the uncertainty surrounding his future.

Can debate the likeliness of any of that other stuff, and he's playing blindingly well at the moment, but if that stops, Chelsea will struggle.

3 hours ago, thetime said:

you guys still think Arsenal are a shoe in for top 4? 

Well beaten but in all fairness beaten by a great football team. 

Defending was Sunday league at times but they were terrified of Liverpool. 

LFC a bit short in depth but if they beat City they can absorb an injury to Salah, VVD et al or even a rough patch and still win it. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Morelos for Rangers there. As snide a player as I’ve seen in years. A master at work.

Agreed... and now matching his attitude with goals scored. Will be interesting to see if an English team takes a chance in the window.

Thought the boy Kent on loan from Liverpool was man of the match. Would assume he has a future back on Merseyside. Looks a player.

10 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole on a Saturday night 

oh c'mon - any team going to xmas unbeaten is likely to be a great team, in that period at least. It happens, but it only rarely happens.

It's a long way from over tho. What 'unbeaten' in the first half of the season means is that there's an exceedingly strong likelihood that they'll get beaten in the 2nd half, so they'll drop points and there's the chance for City to get back at them.

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

oh c'mon - any team going to xmas unbeaten is likely to be a great team, in that period at least. It happens, but it only rarely happens.

It's a long way from over tho. What 'unbeaten' in the first half of the season means is that there's an exceedingly strong likelihood that they'll get beaten in the 2nd half, so they'll drop points and there's the chance for City to get back at them.

I'm not sure the odds of being beaten in the second half of the season is more likely if your beaten in the first half!

A chance of city catching up, but that may mean them going on a winning streak of around 19 games, without draws, which is unlikely.

Edited by zahidf

41 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I'm not sure the odds of being beaten in the second half of the season is more likely if your beaten in the first half!

I presume you mean 'unbeaten in the first half'?

And yes, the odds are that.

Because for every *ten teams that get to xmas unbeaten, only one of them will go the whole season unbeaten.
(*made up odds).

By the averages it's hugely likely that Liverpool will get beaten in the 2nd half of the season.

Edited by eFestivals

Pulisic to Cheslea then. He's obviously a massive talent but £58m is a lot for a potential talent, especially at a club hardly known for helping progress young players.

Also, does this mean anything regarding Hazard staying or going?

Edited by Dan R

1 hour ago, Dan R said:

Pulisic to Cheslea then. He's obviously a massive talent but £58m is a lot for a potential talent, especially at a club hardly known for helping progress young players.

interesting signing. Dortmund fans don't seem to be too sad to have lost him which says a lot, they rate Sancho much, much higher. I think the general consensus is he's a replacement for Willian or Pedro, the latter of which only has one year left on his contract after this season I think. I still think Hazard will be off in the summer.

22 hours ago, Dan R said:

Certainly is a lot of money. As was the fee for Morata and I thought we were about to see a world class striker there, so. It's a tricky one. I would have preferred a more direct, goal scoring winger such as Lozano. You can only assume that they see Pulisic as a long term solution and a player who is ready for the first team but also still able to progress and develop. I have a funny feeling this deal might have more to do with opening up shares in the US market, securing greater sponsorships and so on. Not the greatest way to go about transfers football wise but I'm hoping to be proved wrong. No bearing on Hazard for me. If he goes, a different replacement will be necessary 

20 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

interesting signing. Dortmund fans don't seem to be too sad to have lost him which says a lot, they rate Sancho much, much higher. I think the general consensus is he's a replacement for Willian or Pedro, the latter of which only has one year left on his contract after this season I think. I still think Hazard will be off in the summer.

Sancho has undoubtedly hit the ground running and is tearing it up. From what I'm aware, Pulisic impressed in his early days but the progress has halted slightly after two different coaches post Tuchel.