Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

My predictable disappearance was down to working a 12 hour shift on Xmas eve, Xmas day, Boxing day and yesterday. Worked the lot so I could pay for my Glasto camper van and have a few quid away towards a hospitality ticket if I fail in resale.

In regards to the football, we have had a blip, shit happens. We get to play Liverpool at home next week. We have been in this position before with Scousers getting giddy, it's nothing new. If they beat us at home next week then fair play to them. I am more worried about us at Southampton anyway

The drop off without Fernandinho is unbelieveable though. That needs looking at in January.

No new players in Jan pep says

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They seem very calm tbh at the moment. That napoli game at anfield, they were hardly panicking for example, and that United game.

I think it's unlikely city just need a kick up the ass to win 19 in a row

It's not about the "at the moment" though. It's about how they handle a title run in under pressure. Players, managers, etc. 

City have been there before. The consecutive losses is a big setback to them, but they have the experience of recovering. 

2 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

It's not about the "at the moment" though. It's about how they handle a title run in under pressure. Players, managers, etc. 

City have been there before. The consecutive losses is a big setback to them, but they have the experience of recovering. 

Klopp did it in Germany with Dortmund.  City had a different sort of title run last year. No one ran them close so they weren't under pressure. When things didn't go right at lecister, they were all over the place. I think the pressure will get to them more than Liverpool. 

39 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They seem very calm tbh at the moment. That napoli game at anfield, they were hardly panicking for example, and that United game.

It’s a lot different to the last 6 games of the season when the prem is there holy grail isn’t it? 

Edited by thetime

24 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Klopp did it in Germany with Dortmund.  

Fergie did with Aberdeen, doesn’t mean his united side didn’t crumble on the pressure of winning the league. 

Last few games it will be all over the media, back pages and front pages, the news, the fans will be thinking of it non stop. Can you imagine what Anfield will be like when the title is just in touching distance, every minute that passes there fans with be getting more and more nervous. That will transfer onto the pitch, been there late 80’s and especially 1992 when Leeds won it. 

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

City are still faves for the title. It’s nice to see that they can be got to without their dirtiest player tho.

I mean, I've been the one arguing they're still better equipped to get it. I'm also a huge believer in the importance of Fernandinho to their team. It doesn't mean I won't mock you for talking shite.

5 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I mean, I've been the one arguing they're still better equipped to get it. I'm also a huge believer in the importance of Fernandinho to their team. It doesn't mean I won't mock you for talking shite.

Mock away pal! Having a blast this season regardless of negativity.

Dunno but Liverpool seem a shoe in for the league now.. can't see them losing 4 and equally city winning at least 17 of 19. Stuck a large some of money on them for a nice holiday when it happens.

11 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

If anything happens to Hazard. Injury. Head turned. Sulk about not getting a move. Sulk about contract value. Any of that shit, and Chelsea drop out.

Injury, yes. Everything else, no. He knows the offer is there and he is happy to wait until the end of the season to make a decision. He has made that clear. He wanted the move after the World Cup but it didn't happen. He came back and has maintained his influential performances despite the uncertainty surrounding his future.

Edited by jyoung