Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

saw the press conference on TV this morning, and the press guy was very uptight about the questions while Pooch seemed very relaxed. Odd.

Poch probably knows he's in the driving seat. He either gets a big money contract with utd/real or he gets more money from spurs if he stays.

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Poch probably knows he's in the driving seat. He either gets a big money contract with utd/real or he gets more money from spurs if he stays.

More money both in his wages and spending on transfers/wages for players.  Im not sure what the best job is out of Man Utd and Real Madrid. While the latter have been more successful in recent time, you feel at Man Utd you will get more time.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

More money both in his wages and spending on transfers/wages for players.  Im not sure what the best job is out of Man Utd and Real Madrid. While the latter have been more successful in recent time, you feel at Man Utd you will get more time.

I read something along the lines of this yesterday... 'Worth noting that a few years ago Poch managed to get his title changed from head coach to manager'... At United and Madrid he isn't going to have that power.

4 hours ago, jyoung said:

I read something along the lines of this yesterday... 'Worth noting that a few years ago Poch managed to get his title changed from head coach to manager'... At United and Madrid he isn't going to have that power.

Levy has been quiet, which I’m surprised about.

38 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think you would get some people who watch predominantly premiership saying that. I'm not convinced you get many German, Italian, french Spain etc with the same view.

I'm biased but for me he's better than anyone else in the premier league or the Bundesliga from watching both. Liverpool have the best defensive record of any team in Europe right now, and he's been the one of the biggest reasons.

There's certainly an arguement that he's one of the very best players on the planet.

Also that goal last night was filth.

Edited by Dan R

He's not even the best player in the Liverpool team. PSG made him look like Titus Bramble. He's not going to be facing Mbappe and Neymar every week thankfully.

Probably helps the amount of premiership teams who currently don't have a decent striker though.. £30m Tosun, £35m quoted for Jiminez who was shocking last night, £58m Morata.

Edited by lost

33 minutes ago, Dan R said:

I'm biased but for me he's better than anyone else in the premier league or the Bundesliga from watching both. Liverpool have the best defensive record of any team in Europe right now, and he's been the one of the biggest reasons.

There's certainly an arguement that he's one of the very best players on the planet.

Also that goal last night was filth.

Again I would ask how many French, Italian or Spanish fans would say VVD if asked the best defender in the world, my guess not many.

5 minutes ago, lost said:

He's not even the best player in the Liverpool team. PSG made him look like Titus Bramble. He's not going to be facing Mbappe and Neymar every week thankfully.

Were dealing with Liverpool fans here. Remember last week when Allison was the best keeper in the world after the routine block stop vs Napoli? 

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Good to see a hint of bitterness return to the efests footie forum.

You can’t bang on about the league being shite week after week and then complain when people effectively agree with you

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Hes a great player. Arguably the best defender about at the moment. 

Hes not better than Messi. 

I ignore Messi in any conversation about quality of players, he's so far ahead of anyone else he's just an outlier. He shouldn't be possible.