Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

It's all or none but they have a resale platform you can sell the ones you don't want at a later date.

Gotcha, thanks. I think I'll stick to the ones I know I could make then (assuming Glasto is 24th - 28th). Probably won't get 'em but oh well.

18 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

How would it be different? I think it would be pretty much the same.

City buy him it will be cheats, ffp, dirty oil money, champions league ban, distorting the market, bad fir the national team, yadda yadda yadda.

United buy him, it will be United are showing their intent and flexing their financial muscle. 

26 minutes ago, eastynh said:

City buy him it will be cheats, ffp, dirty oil money, champions league ban, distorting the market, bad fir the national team, yadda yadda yadda.

United buy him, it will be United are showing their intent and flexing their financial muscle. 

I would go with.

What a great signing by city replacing kompany with a quality player, who cares about the money.

United buy him and its another high profile waste of money and digesting every pound he earns. 

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

I would go with.

What a great signing by city replacing kompany with a quality player, who cares about the money.

United buy him and its another high profile waste of money and digesting every pound he earns. 

I can't think of any United signing that the media has initially reported with a negative slant. Not a single one, ever.

24 minutes ago, pryce said:

I despise united.. But I'm pretty sure pogba signing was all about how much it was and how its was ruining football, same with sanchez wages 

There was nothing negative about Pogba in the media. It was all about how he was returning home and excitement that a British team had broken the world transfer record for the first time in ages.

Sanchez was well recieved because they had snatched him out of Citys grasp. It was seen as a coup. 

The negativety only came after when it dawned that United had been ripped right off with both of them.

Edited by eastynh

Fellaini may be the one signing. No one knows how United had somehow managed to pay more than the release clause for him. 

Bebe, absolutely no one was interested. The media never comnented as that transfer was bent as fuck and the nedia were scared shitless by Ferguson.

Edited by eastynh

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

There was nothing negative about Pogba in the media. It was all about how he was returning home and excitement that a British team had broken the world transfer record for the first time in ages.

Sanchez was well recieved because they had snatched him out of Citys grasp. It was seen as a coup. 

The negativety only came after when it dawned that United had been ripped right off with both of them.

I'm not convinced Pogba was a rip off. Think they will make a profit if they sell him.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm not convinced Pogba was a rip off. Think they will make a profit if they sell him.

They might due to inflantion and not because of his ability. 

He has been a disappointment at United and a passenger. Not once in a big game, against a good team has he taken the game by the scruff of the neck and shown anything like being a top class player. The most over hyped footballer to ever play in this country 

25 minutes ago, eastynh said:

He has been a disappointment at United and a passenger. Not once in a big game, against a good team has he taken the game by the scruff of the neck and shown anything like being a top class player. The most over hyped footballer to ever play in this country 

I think there is a difference between being a rip off and a disappointment. I would say Sanchez is both, but Pogba only one. 

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Well that's not true...

When they signed him?

This is just a few links, there are loads more with exactly the same tone. They all say it is time for him to come back, forget the past, he will be the heart beat to Uniteds midfield for the next ten years. I don't remember any negativity at all regarding Pogbas return.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37016170

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/09/manchester-united-sign-paul-pogba-93-million-juventus

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/03/juventus-begin-talks-re-sign-paul-pogba-manchester-united-9795083/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/09/paul-pogba-completes-man-utd-transfer-for-world-record-fee/

Edited by eastynh

14 hours ago, eastynh said:

Whilst I'm not his biggest fan, 24 goals and 23 assists in under 95 league games isn't to shabby.

51 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Madrid have spent something like 300m already. Wonder if they're evil as well or if it's just City and Chelsea ?

This will be the first year in about 4/5 years they would of spent more than they've sold. 

Which for the biggest team in the world is crazy.

27 minutes ago, thetime said:

United v Chelsea a big one for first game of season, at sziget that week. Anyone know of any sports bars in Budapest?

Yeah Im just back from there. Watched the Champions League final here. http://www.freepub.hu/. Was empty but very comfy.

Try get a spot at the bar in Champs Sports pub but most of the bars have TVs and show football. Great city.

5 hours ago, thetime said:

Whilst I'm not his biggest fan, 24 goals and 23 assists in under 95 league games isn't to shabby.

They are very shabby when you actually look at the assists, who they were against and the fact a load of goals were penalties. 

He is capable of a Hollywood moment, there is no doubt about that. Yet so was Balotelli. He is also very good in the air, but then again so us Andy Carroll.

More interesting are Pogbas stats for being caught in possession, misplaced passes and unforced errors. He is always lamely tracking back and constantly out of position. There is also the consideration that he goes missing in big games. He is as bad as Ozil for that.

Its all well and good scoring a worldie against Swansea but thats not good enough for what was the nost expensive footballer in world football.

He clearly has talent. He should be running games like Yaya did. The man who controls games and stepped up on the big occasion. Hes is nowhere near as good as Yaya. As mentioned previously, he is more like Balotelli. Loads of talent but just not mentally goid enough and lacking in application.

Now some of that could be due to the team he plays in and the tactics. Yet there is no excuse for some of the absolutely woeful performances he has put in. You get the impression he just does not care.

But he gets a lot of social media likes ?‍♂️

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

does the Madrid's money come from despotic repression of a whole country?

I thought as a plastic Scouser, you would be in favour of money coming from the despotic repression of a whole country, seeing as though Liverpool have directly and indirectly used it to transform their team. Or is it just laurndered money from drug catrels and Iranian sponsored terrorism activities that you approve of?

19 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I thought as a plastic Scouser, you would be in favour of money coming from the despotic repression of a whole country, seeing as though Liverpool have directly and indirectly used it to transform their team. Or is it just laurndered money from drug catrels and Iranian sponsored terrorism activities that you approve of?

eh? I think you've been on the drugs. Liverpool don't have despots as their funders.

They might have some companies with dodgy histories as sponsors - tho here's betting City and most others have those too - but that's a different thing to despots.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

eh? I think you've been on the drugs. Liverpool don't have despots as their funders.

They might have some companies with dodgy histories as sponsors - tho here's betting City and most others have those too - but that's a different thing to despots.

So thats all right then? Accepting money from companies that launder money is fine but coming from despotic countries is bad??

Liverpool were very happy accepting money from despotic countries when they accepted the 50 million for Sterling. So much so that they were bragging about receiving so much. No moral outrage then was there? Its ok, Jordan Ibe is better.

How about the Coutihno money that Liverpool have been spending? Thats enabled Liverpool to buy VVD and Allison. That money has indirectly cone from Qatar. No moral outrage there either funnily enough.