Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Griezmann and De Jong to Barca, Lucas Hernandez to Bayern. 

Allegri leaving Juve its just been announced, possibly to the Premier League, not to Man Utd though as theres a manager on a 3 year contract there. 

But huge news from Man Utd HQ nonetheless. Woodward announced a global partnership with Marriott hotels and the club app "continues to grow above expectations". 

Roll on August. 

Have given up on making it to Madrid, prices are mental. So booked to go to Liverpool for the weekend.

Having spoken to a few mates there and @jyoung it appears the tactic to use is to get in for around 10am to actually get in somewhere decent! Most places seem to be doing tickets and are already sold out.

Perfect in my eyes though. Gives me an excuse to drink from 10am to calm the nerves!

10 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Have given up on making it to Madrid, prices are mental. So booked to go to Liverpool for the weekend.

Having spoken to a few mates there and @jyoung it appears the tactic to use is to get in for around 10am to actually get in somewhere decent! Most places seem to be doing tickets and are already sold out.

Perfect in my eyes though. Gives me an excuse to drink from 10am to calm the nerves!

Yeah you won't have a problem that early. Get yourself a nice big full English to soak up the onslaught that your body is about to experience for the next 12 hours.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Yeah you won't have a problem that early. Get yourself a nice big full English to soak up the onslaught that your body is about to experience for the next 12 hours.

It’s a tricky balancing act. If we win I want to be able to remember it. If we lose I want to be drunk enough that it doesn’t completely break me :lol: 

3 hours ago, thetime said:

I’m amazed how little coverage and media coverage of the FA Cup Final tomorrow. 

It's a shame the FA Cup has lost so much popularity. Nothing beats knockout football for drama. 

I honestly think Watford have a chance. They've played well this season and I could see City going in with a bit of complacency 

15 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Cityfication. No one cares.

Think the cups have lost their way long before City. Has the treble thing not added interest in this final ? Genuine question.

Id be mad if my team rested players in a cup if we’d no chance of winning a league.

Is there a European place up for grabs like with the Scottish cup ?

Cups up here also seem more low key. A few of us went a couple of years ago as neutrals to the Scottish cup final as they couldn’t sell it out so introduced a “neutral zone” at Hampden.

4 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

City will want to start winning in Europe I feel for people other than City fans to consider them the best ever. Should happen. Surprised it hasn’t yet. 

Champions League is a lottery really. City are the greatest English team of all time. The achievements of the past 2 seasons are unprecedented. 

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Champions League is a lottery really. City are the greatest English team of all time. The achievements of the past 2 seasons are unprecedented. 

Isn’t it a lottery the same as any cup competition? To be remembered in the same breath as the great Milan, Barca, Liverpool or united teams you need to win the big one. 

Wonderful team though. 

Edited by thetime

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Champions League is a lottery really. 

It isn't at all, if it was we wouldn't see the best teams getting to the final time and time again (Real Madrid in recent years). The fact it is two legs for most the knockouts reduces the luck factor a lot compared to single leg knockout competitions. Of course the league is less luck based though.

Regardless, this City team is definitely one of the best English teams ever.    

15 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not as much as a lottery as the domestic cups, and yeah what City have done in the league is ridiculously impressive. Had to win 14 in a row, with no room for error, to win it and did. Amazing really.

One just feels they need the CL to tie it all together. Had a great chance this year, being in an easier side of a draw. The lottery aspect was actually working in their favour. They just couldn’t make it work for them and the chance of a quadruple disappeared. 

It will be interesting to see if they can mount an assault on the 4 again next season...but I’m sure most City fans would probably trade all 3 domestic titles next year if it guaranteed the CL.... or what would be their thoughts on that?  

8 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Not as much as a lottery as the domestic cups, and yeah what City have done in the league is ridiculously impressive. Had to win 14 in a row, with no room for error, to win it and did. Amazing really.

One just feels they need the CL to tie it all together. Had a great chance this year, being in an easier side of a draw. The lottery aspect was actually working in their favour. They just couldn’t make it work for them and the chance of a quadruple disappeared. 

It will be interesting to see if they can mount an assault on the 4 again next season...but I’m sure most City fans would probably trade all 3 domestic titles next year if it guaranteed the CL.... or what would be their thoughts on that?  

Got a few work colleagues that are city season ticket holders, they are not at all bothered about there lack of success in Europe. Although this could be just saving face as they have not been very close to lifting it, a bit like @Wooderson claim its all about the journey.

Then again as a united fan and the shambles united are in, I should just shut my gob.  ?

• Upvote 1