Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

On the bright side, no-ones going to Chelsea.

On the negative side, when Chelsea call all their loan signings back, all other teams will need to sign at least 10 new players.

Chelsea could end up having a very decent season

6 hours ago, jyoung said:

A few will be in the squad I think. Reece James and Mason Mount could be useful. Many should just be moved on though.

Reece James was captain for Wigan today and got subbed off to a standing ovation - the 19 year old got club legend service after a one year loan.

I think Zouma could be the most important one to bring back. Him + Rudiger could be a very tidy partnership. 

So where to next for Utd lads? The vitriol being chucked at certain players is pretty toxic. Spent 3/4 of a billion since Alec “left”. Phil Jones on a 4 year deal and Ashley Y is captaining the side to a draw with the 2nd worst team in the Premier League’s history.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

So where to next for Utd lads? The vitriol being chucked at certain players is pretty toxic. Spent 3/4 of a billion since Alec “left”. Phil Jones on a 4 year deal and Ashley Y is captaining the side to a draw with the 2nd worst team in the Premier League’s history.

Thoughts?

Shite.

its going to be a long haul mind, it’s not like united are going to sell 15 players. I can only see ya going down the league rather than up. Hopefully  they go with young hungry footballers, rather than the over bloated transfer fees and wages like the last 6 years has been. 

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Thoughts?

Absolutely fantastic news.

Never forget

banner.jpg

8 hours ago, rock the clock said:

Reece James was captain for Wigan today and got subbed off to a standing ovation - the 19 year old got club legend service after a one year loan.

I think Zouma could be the most important one to bring back. Him + Rudiger could be a very tidy partnership. 

Yep. We've seen loanees do well in the Championship before but I think Reece will be given a chance. Zouma not so much. I don't think he's going to get into a back line that plays out from the back. That said, we shouldn't sell him to Everton either after how difficult they were when we wanted Stones and Lukaku.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Shite.

its going to be a long haul mind, it’s not like united are going to sell 15 players. I can only see ya going down the league rather than up. Hopefully  they go with young hungry footballers, rather than the over bloated transfer fees and wages like the last 6 years has been. 

I think the fan base needs to get its head in gear. Expectation management will be crucial in next months. Whoever replaces Ole in 2020 will need to start day one with a reality check and less of the pithy nonsense.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:32 PM, The Nal said:

Yup. Hardly like Madrid were going to steal him.

Also I don’t really understand the bumper salary. In terms of managerial pedigree he is definitely bottom 5 in the league. Man Utd held all the cards in contract negotiation, would OGS turn down 3 million with bonuses? He wasn’t getting a better offer than that elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

For all the talk about leadership and big game player, there is also a lot of luck involved in Kompany hitting from there and ending in the top corner. I say that accepting Liverpool have also had their fair amount of luck themselves.

and then there's the luck that Kompany wasn't sent off earlier in the game.

Lucky lucky city. Only win because the refs on their side </bluemoon eating itself :P >

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

For all the talk about leadership and big game player, there is also a lot of luck involved in Kompany hitting from there and ending in the top corner. I say that accepting Liverpool have also had their fair amount of luck themselves.

In my opinion, he's got no right to score it but it definitely is not lucky. He eyes up the shot, knows where he wants to put it and slams it home. You could say there is an element of chance or luck anytime anyone scored but you wouldn't because you respect the hard work and talent that goes into scoring a goal. People are losing their shit over it and rightly so. Big game player taking matters into his own hands and delivering at a big moment. That's what a club legend looks like. That's what one of the greatest PL CB's of all time looks like. If it was Van Djik the key to the city would be in his hands. City have had their luck over the season, Liverpool have had theirs (Fabinho free kick the other night most recent example). This was not the same. This was just pure class. 

43 minutes ago, jyoung said:

In my opinion, he's got no right to score it but it definitely is not lucky. He eyes up the shot, knows where he wants to put it and slams it home. You could say there is an element of chance or luck anytime anyone scored but you wouldn't because you respect the hard work and talent that goes into scoring a goal. People are losing their shit over it and rightly so. Big game player taking matters into his own hands and delivering at a big moment. That's what a club legend looks like. That's what one of the greatest PL CB's of all time looks like. If it was Van Djik the key to the city would be in his hands. City have had their luck over the season, Liverpool have had theirs (Fabinho free kick the other night most recent example). This was not the same. This was just pure class. 

Are you 15?

• Downvote 3

51 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I disagree. 19 times out of 20 the same big time player, in the same big match takes the shot and misses. Then 1 minutes later everyone has forgotten and the match goes on. In my view City would probably have found a goal anyway but we will never know.  People will always try to create a narrative about these dramatic moments such as Stevie G single handedly pushing liverpool to victory in the champions league final, but I dont think it  always matches reality.