Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

2 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

The barca game is gone 

I don't think that's how they'll see it.

It'll be damned hard/lucky to turn it round but not impossible. Liverpool have got the goals in them if they click on the night.

It's a semi final with the big prize within reach. It's worth a proper go.

I don’t think it’s out of the question for us to still go through. If we come out quickly and get an early goal it’s all the play for. I worry an away goal will finish the tie though.

We created a fair few chances on Wednesday which you’d hope we’ll take at home.

21 minutes ago, The Nal said:

What are the chances of Barca losing 4-0? Or 5-1?

I'll take 3-0 and penalties :lol: 

Not really the best logic but they lost 3-0 away to Roma last year and we're a better team so not out of the question we could score more than they did. Fully aware football doesn't work like that but there is some reasoning in there somewhere.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

I'll take 3-0 and penalties :lol: 

Not really the best logic but they lost 3-0 away to Roma last year and we're a better team so not out of the question we could score more than they did. Fully aware football doesn't work like that but there is some reasoning in there somewhere.

Yep its possible. Unlikely but possible. 

Just now, The Nal said:

Yep its possible. Unlikely but possible. 

that's my take too.

Liverpool are the sort of team who could score five if everything clicked on the night - and it's not like Barca are fantastic at the back.

It's possible, but unlikely.

(to be clear I don't think there's a chance in hell of it happening).

Of course Liverpool could score 3, chances are they probably will. Even united had good chances to stick away against Barcelona.

Problem is how long it takes them to potentially get the 2nd goal,  longer in the game that happens more space Messi and Suarez get. Then it’s game over. 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Of course Liverpool could score 3, chances are they probably will. Even united had good chances to stick away against Barcelona.

Problem is how long it takes them to potentially get the 2nd goal,  longer in the game that happens more space Messi and Suarez get. Then it’s game over. 

remember that time they were 4-0 up against a high-flying Arsenal after 20 minutes? 

Liverpool need one of them (without being leaky for the rest of the match).

On 5/2/2019 at 11:35 PM, mjsell said:

Arsenal got away with one tonight. Very easily could have been 2-2, one of the worst misses of the season prior to Valencia's goal. 

Very easily could have been 4-1 with that Lacazette chance so works both ways. First 20mins Valencia were by far the better team but for the last 70mins Arsenal were in control 

17 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

A lot of talk that the answer to the concussion issues is temporary substitutions to give more monitoring time. I think if that rule was brought in it would be completely abused by people feigning concussions at the end of games.

As someone who developed epilepsy after a clash of heads and concussion on a football pitch, I couldnt give a shit if the rule is abused if it saves players from similar or worse. 

It's unacceptable to me that there are not stricter rules in place in football for dealing with head injuries. Allowing team doctors/physios to make the decision about their own player is shocking - they cannot be trusted to put the safety of the player ahead of their perceived good of the team.