Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

23 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Heard that Mino Raiola is De Ligt's agent. Could impact any potential move the lad makes this summer?

If I were De Ligt, I'd be hoping Barca offer the chance to link up with de Jong but Raiola seems to enjoy rinsing United for their millions.

Hopefully a new director of football is there to make sure that doesn't happen and keeps Woodwards signature away from anything that only makes financial sense. 

13 minutes ago, lost said:

This isn't a dig just at Liverpool fans but as an English person that loves to travel to these places like Barcelona its just infuriating how moronic some of our population is. Would you just pick some old guy off the street and chuck him in a fountain in this country?

Theres always one isn't there? Unfortunately it seems to have caused a perception that theres hassle on the horizon so the police will approach all of them with a heavy hand now and batter a load of them.

1 hour ago, lost said:

This isn't a dig just at Liverpool fans but as an English person that loves to travel to these places like Barcelona its just infuriating how moronic some of our population is. Would you just pick some old guy off the street and chuck him in a fountain in this country?

Liverpool fans in can't behave shocker. And they wonder why no one likes them.

13 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Glad to see Suarez celebrating. I can't be doing with the non celebration against your old team.

Suarez is awesome. You want a kid to know what a competitor looks like.

First time I’ve felt a twinge of “Klopp you moron” was tonight btw.

43 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Suarez is awesome. You want a kid to know what a competitor looks like.

First time I’ve felt a twinge of “Klopp you moron” was tonight btw.

I'd rather my kid know what a model professional looks like but each to their own.

Great footballer but a blatant cheat.

6 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Why? Gomez starting? I found it hard to criticise. Klopp didn’t miss the chances 

I thought Gomez at RB was the right choice. He's a better defender that TAA and he's quicker too. 

What i think stuffed Liverpool was Keita getting injured. Milner swapped to the left, and Hendo didn't give give Gomez the same cover that Milner had been doing.

When Keita got injured I'd have put Firmino on and dropped Gini back. Reckon it would have worked better.

Alternatively someone should have punched Messi on the nose. It worked for Utd. :P 

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

What i think stuffed Liverpool was Keita getting injured. Milner swapped to the left, and Hendo didn't give give Gomez the same cover that Milner had been doing.

Agree, they got worse when Keita went off - Henderson was a bit shit. 

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Obv Messi got the two goals but Suarez a huge factor as well. 

Klopp will have to sort out the hole in front of the back 4 for the 2nd leg. Can't let Messi get the ball and turn and run at the back 4 like he did for the last 30 minutes last night dragging VVD out. Could've been 5 or 6 in the end. 

26 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Klopp will have to sort out the hole in front of the back 4 for the 2nd leg. Can't let Messi get the ball and turn and run at the back 4 like he did for the last 30 minutes last night dragging VVD out. Could've been 5 or 6 in the end. 

to be fair, a large part of that was after they'd put on origi and were trying to get something back. They were essentially a midfielder short that that point.

Can't really see the second leg going enough Liverpool's way, and yet I don't think it's impossible they could still beat Barca and make the final - but they'll need to take their chances better than they did last night (and make more of chances, but i'm expecting TAA back to whip in some crosses from the right).

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

to be fair, a large part of that was after they'd put on origi and were trying to get something back. They were essentially a midfielder short that that point.

Oh sure and it was 2-0 at that stage and Klopp was sniffing for an away goal but fine margins and all, you can't give Messi 15 minutes in a game where he gets that space. Hes just too good. 

Liverpool were excellent to be fair.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

you can't give Messi 15 minutes in a game where he gets that space. Hes just too good. 

can't disagree, tho it could be said they got away with it. you can't really count the freekick-goal as part of that.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Liverpool were excellent to be fair.

they were, and scoring three goals against Barca at Anfield doesn't seem impossible.

Stopping Barca scoring is probably going to be the thing.

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Stopping Barca scoring is probably going to be the thing.

It’s exactly this.

thats why not getting the away goal is so critical 

its game over IMO.

shame really. 

Felt the pool deserved something. 2-2 would have been a fair return for their shift but sometimes you don’t get what you deserve. 

Historical roles reversed. I recall Liverpool doing one over on Barca with Messi and Ronaldinho in the team. Cutting Liverpool apart but could not get the goal and Liverpool robbed it....

4 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

It’s exactly this.

thats why not getting the away goal is so critical 

its game over IMO.

shame really. 

Felt the pool deserved something. 2-2 would have been a fair return for their shift but sometimes you don’t get what you deserve. 

Historical roles reversed. I recall Liverpool doing one over on Barca with Messi and Ronaldinho in the team. Cutting Liverpool apart but could not get the goal and Liverpool robbed it....

I'd say it's not over but one away goal will kill it, much like the Liverpool vs Man City tie. I just hope that it can be competitive and the tie isn't killed off early.