Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Have to beat Chelsea and hope they drop more points and need Arsenal to lose one too for that to happen. 

I will be surprised if Arsenal get more than 5 points and Chelsea won’t get any more than 5 either. I really can’t see Arsenal getting wins at wolves and Leicester. 

Although they have to beat Chelsea, if united can beat Chelsea then united should be getting 4th. 

Edited by thetime

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

Clear for them to install Lepetogui?!

Nah. Someone who's most recent footie experience wasnt coaching Molde FC and last time in the Premier League involved turning into a bitter little shrew whilst being relegated. You can see the workings. The blame. He's a twat and they should get rid now. Losing 6 in 8 (7 in 9?) is inexcusable for a Man Utd manager irrespective of the previous results.

Edited by Wooderson

1 minute ago, thetime said:

I will be surprised if Arsenal get more than 5 points and Chelsea won’t get any more than 5 either. I really can’t see Arsenal getting wins at wolves and Leicester. 

Although they have to beat Chelsea, if united can beat Chelsea then united should be getting 4th. 

Utd are on the worst run in nearly 40 years. After tomorrow it'll likely be 7 losses from 9. Utd lost 4 nil to Everton. 

I don't see where the confidence is coming from. 

Regardless, he'll be backed in the summer. Would get rid of Pogba and Lukaku for relatively big money and build from there. 

41 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Nah. Someone who's most recent footie experience wasnt coaching Molde FC and last time in the Premier League involved turning into a bitter little shrew whilst being relegated. You can see the workings. The blame. He's a twat and they should get rid now. Losing 6 in 8 (7 in 9?) is inexcusable for a Man Utd manager irrespective of the previous results.

Yeah but he did also score a tap-in back in 1999!

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

Utd are on the worst run in nearly 40 years. After tomorrow it'll likely be 7 losses from 9. Utd lost 4 nil to Everton. 

I don't see where the confidence is coming from. 

Regardless, he'll be backed in the summer. Would get rid of Pogba and Lukaku for relatively big money and build from there. 

Because Arsenal and Chelsea are equally as shite. 

Went to a Tamworth game on the weekend ...oooh I do love non league football, really do need stop getting so stressed about football and go to more non league games.

The Lamb is a nice little ground, and the standard for southern central premier (or what ever the leagues are called under the conference n/s) was very good. crowd of 450 as well.

4 hours ago, pryce said:

Went to a Tamworth game on the weekend ...oooh I do love non league football, really do need stop getting so stressed about football and go to more non league games.

The Lamb is a nice little ground, and the standard for southern central premier (or what ever the leagues are called under the conference n/s) was very good. crowd of 450 as well.

Tamworth were in the national league fairly recently. I remember being in the away end and not having much of a view of the pitch!

47 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Yet the league could quite easily have both Champions league and Europa League finalists.

Which wouldn't include the reigning champions or possibly the biggest club in the world. I'm not sure why so many people think the league is so terrible, got plenty of issues but also got plenty of quality compared to other top leagues.

I genuinely think the standard of the league is far far weaker in the last 5-10 years than the previous 20. The average team is worse. Not sure if is a redist of wealth problem or a samuelisation issue. Either way, it’s rank. The humiliation Utd could suffer tonight.

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Tamworth were in the national league fairly recently. I remember being in the away end and not having much of a view of the pitch!

all the teams in that area have had a torrid time, all in the national league not that long ago and Tamworth being 2 leagues underneath are the highest place now well with Nuneaton, but they are about to not exist.... Hinckley are in the Midlands league division 1.

about to re do the pyramid as well from next season as well I think, does look better. Do think that 1 up 1 down in the bottom tiers is a mistake though, does not help teams progress and grow

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

I genuinely think the standard of the league is far far weaker in the last 5-10 years than the previous 20. The average team is worse. Not sure if is a redist of wealth problem or a samuelisation issue. Either way, it’s rank. The humiliation Utd could suffer tonight.

Any evidence for this? The fact we still have 4 teams in Europe suggests this isn't the case. 

The premier league is the strongest it has ever been from top to bottom.

Man City (only knocked out Europe by another English team!) and Liverpool are two of the best teams in the world. 

Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U all got at least to the last 8 of a European competition. 

Even mid-table teams have much better squads than they did 20 years ago. Wolves have players like Patricio and Neves, Everton have Richarlison. These players could get challenge for places in any team in the world. 

15 minutes ago, thetime said:

Similar to 1995 on the last day when Blackburn went to Anfield. Although it didn’t matter as Andy Cole missed chance after chance. 

A weird game to be at, you can't help but want your own team to win but when you score it's a bit "Yes! Oh."