Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So ... with a few weeks to go, who do you think is going to win the league? (you can't play @eastynh :P )

Seems amazing that Liverpool might be beaten just once all season and still not win the league.

But I think that's what's going to happen. I reckon it's more likely that Liverpool will drop points than City.

Against who? Newcastle away? ?

I'm not looking at where points could be dropped really. LFC have won all 3 of their trickiest games. Sterling and DeBruyne both coming into some really good form at the perfect time.

Reckon both teams win all remaining games.

Liverpool have a much easier run in. Can't see anyone apart from Cardiff giving them issues. Almost every year a relegation threatened team takes points from a title contender towards the end of the season. Cardiff playing Brighton this week is big as a result. 

But then I cant see City losing. Spurs will be Spurs and City will beat Utd.

They're the two best teams in the league by a mile so can see them both easily winning all their games. 

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Against who? Newcastle away? ?

who knows? On paper the most likely to drop points to are Wolves, although if Liverpool are going to drop points to a lower team it could be any of them really.

But I didn't say they 'will' drop points, I said I think they're more likely to than City. I think City are properly in the groove.

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Reckon both teams win all remaining games.

quite possibly.

16 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Rafa a shrewd boy. Won’t want Klopp achieving something at LFC that he didn’t/couldn’t.

In reality, I actually doubt we'll get anything. Post-safety lethargy combined with 'Pool only chasing the one trophy? We've got no chance, particularly given Lejeune is injured. But smugly reminiscing about that victory against City is nice.

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I think City are properly in the groove.

8 hours ago, Wooderson said:

City are in the groove and no one else is.

Neither of you see the Spurs game last week? 

A massive double header against them coming up - with City having to win both, they can definitely stumble in one of them. 

8 hours ago, mjsell said:

Neither of you see the Spurs game last week? 

A massive double header against them coming up - with City having to win both, they can definitely stumble in one of them. 

Spurs will get hammered in the league game.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Mhmm. Looks like the Scottish Prem at the moment. What a product!

?

Fair point. Celtic heavy odds on to do the treble treble. Dreadful “product”. Our Championship, which is where I’m at, is a far better sporting spectacle.

Atleast the EPL is a two horse race. The pub on Sunday was a great place to be watching the footy and the gowf play out.

Edge of the seat stuff ? 

5 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Fair point. Celtic heavy odds on to do the treble treble. Dreadful “product”. Our Championship, which is where I’m at, is a far better sporting spectacle.

Atleast the EPL is a two horse race. The pub on Sunday was a great place to be watching the footy and the gowf play out.

Edge of the seat stuff ? 

Ayr pretty much guaranteed play offs. 

21 hours ago, eFestivals said:

So ... with a few weeks to go, who do you think is going to win the league? (you can't play @eastynh :P )

Seems amazing that Liverpool might be beaten just once all season and still not win the league.

But I think that's what's going to happen. I reckon it's more likely that Liverpool will drop points than City.

Liverpool will win it. 

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Majority said that would happen 1st leg.

Hes never really lit the world alight against any English team has he? And Barcas away record is shocking. Totally different prospect tonight. 

Barca have gone through in 39 of the 41 European ties in which they won the first leg away from home. Utd have never beaten them there. They are unbeaten in their last 30 European home games, and the most they've conceded is 1 goal in any of those games.

But you know, Oles experience from 1999 there will be vital and all.

Edited by The Nal