Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

OGS getting appointed at the rags is great news for City as they are nit going to be any threat to us for a long while.

Van Gaal has it right in the recent interview he did. OGS plsys exactly the same park the bus football as Jose, only difference is that the players want to play for OGS.

United have been totally outplayed off any half decent team they have played, under the reign of OGS. They got exceptionally lucky against Spurs and how they got through against PSG, I have no idea. 

It is a move that appeases the fans and the share price. They are still harping on about the United way and that night against Munich. Football has moved on and United will be left well behind now. 

Uncle Malcolm's boys will not care one bit as long as the dollars keep rolling in.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

OGS getting appointed at the rags is great news for City as they are nit going to be any threat to us for a long while.

Van Gaal has it right in the recent interview he did. OGS plsys exactly the same park the bus football as Jose, only difference is that the players want to play for OGS.

I have certainly found Olly's Man U significantly more attractive to watch than Jose & Louis' versions

United have been totally outplayed off any half decent team they have played, under the reign of OGS. They got exceptionally lucky against Spurs and how they got through against PSG, I have no idea. 

Olly's got 32 points in 13 PL games. Meanwhile Pep has got 30 points from the same number of games.

& remember Pep has spent 3 years building his squad, Olly has inherited a squad assembled by a succession of managers whose transfer dealings have been widely derided. 

He's even managed this with 2 out of Lindelof, Smalling & Jones starting most of his games.

It could of course just be an unusually long new manager bounce...

or not?

It is a move that appeases the fans and the share price. They are still harping on about the United way and that night against Munich. Football has moved on and United will be left well behind now. 

Uncle Malcolm's boys will not care one bit as long as the dollars keep rolling in.

don't give a shite about any of that stuff, Sorry.

Edited by LJS

20 minutes ago, LJS said:

I have certainly found Olly's Man U significantly more attractive to watch than Jose & Louis' versions

Olly's got 32 points in 13 PL games. Meanwhile Pep has got 30 points from the same number of games.

& remember Pep has spent 3 years building his squad, Olly has inherited a squad assembled by a succession of managers whose transfer dealings have been widely derided. 

He's even managed this with 2 out of Lindelof, Smalling & Jones starting most of his games.

It could of course just be an unusually long new manager bounce...

or not?

don't give a shite about any of that stuff, Sorry.

That United squad is one of the most expensively assembled in football history.

The football has been dire and they have amassed points against cannon fodder, who they should be beating.

If United had a clue, they would appoint a director of football with a plan and some vision. Instead they have appointed a bloke who looks tactically inept but will keep the fans happy because he scored a last gasp winner in a champions league final, a lifetime ago.

20 minutes ago, eastynh said:

That United squad is one of the most expensively assembled in football history.

yup ... but until very recently the consensus was that it was money very very badly spent.

The football has been dire

Do you think your view may not be totally objective?

and they have amassed points against cannon fodder, who they should be beating.

Man U have played Spurs Liverpool & Arsenal since OG took over. Man City have played Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal

If United had a clue, they would appoint a director of football with a plan and some vision. Instead they have appointed a bloke who looks tactically inept but will keep the fans happy because he scored a last gasp winner in a champions league final, a lifetime ago.

Unlike you, I have no idea of Olly will be a success or not. 

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

They are still harping on about the United way and that night against Munich. 

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

will keep the fans happy because he scored a last gasp winner in a champions league final, a lifetime ago.

Sounds like someone is craving some European success

10 hours ago, LJS said:

yup ... but until very recently the consensus was that it was money very very badly spent.

Do you think your view may not be totally objective?

Man U have played Spurs Liverpool & Arsenal since OG took over. Man City have played Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal

Unlike you, I have no idea of Olly will be a success or not. 

City beat Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. United fluked past Spurs, drew against Liverpool and got beat off Arsenal.

38 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I honestly think most players will happily join for the right deal, I don’t think OGS in position will make it more/less appealing.

it probably helps a little when going after the more popular players. After all, we all want our jobs to go the best they can, and a sense of stability will add to the idea that it might.

Warnock :D

Really we could've done with Cardiff winning so there was a chance they would at least have a go at City. But, you know, Warnock :D

I realise this post will come back and bite me on the arse in a few weeks but you've gots to take your enjoyment where you can.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Great crowd at Wembley for Sunderland v Pompey, no doubt that is the final the organisers wanted. 

Good to see Pompey back on the way up as a community club after the mayhem they went through at the turn of the decade. Portsmouth was my first ever live game so I have a soft spot.