Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

9 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Reckless driving is idiocy, Adam Johnson was convicted not just of sexual assault but grooming.

Well in terms of severity the justice system ranked both Hughes and Johnson the same and McCormick worse. I agree however the premeditation is the big issue in terms of the court of public opinion. Let's face it loads of clubs would happily sign him if they thought they could get away with it.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Well in terms of severity the justice system ranked both Hughes and Johnson the same and McCormick worse. I agree however the premeditation is the big issue in terms of the court of public opinion. Let's face it loads of clubs would happily sign him if they thought they could get away with it.

I'm more going on what makes you a worse person rather than what's a worse crime. The premeditation will matter in terms of clubs and fans accepting him.

Plus he's Scumderland.

27 minutes ago, Homer said:

Was about to say, Lee Hughes killed someone and still got a club (Championship I believe). Johnson was decent and could do a job at that level I reckon.

Hughes was our player when he killed the guy and was sacked the day he was convicted. After he got out of prison he went to Oldham, who were either League 1 or 2.

He’s still playing today non-league.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hughes was our player when he killed the guy and was sacked the day he was convicted. After he got out of prison he went to Oldham, who were either League 1 or 2.

He’s still playing today non-league.

Your team Coventry?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

He might wanna play some football first.

(Before you start, yes COH, but he was called up from the U21s an an injury replacement)

Hes played plenty enough. He has scored more goals this season than most teams entire midfields. The only reason he has not played more for City is because he has David Silva, Bernardo and KDB in front of him. 

Get him in the squad now. If he is good enough to get in Citys squad then he is more than good enough to get into Englands.

20 hours ago, eastynh said:

Hes played plenty enough. He has scored more goals this season than most teams entire midfields. The only reason he has not played more for City is because he has David Silva, Bernardo and KDB in front of him. 

Get him in the squad now. If he is good enough to get in Citys squad then he is more than good enough to get into Englands.

While we are at it, let's get Mason Greenwood in there too!

Wouldn’t be surprised if Alex McLeish isn’t Scotland manager come the next game.

Seen some woeful sides down the years but tactics and team selection all over the place.

Bad atmosphere in the stadium on Sunday with lots of booing which isn’t the norm when we’re winning. Felt quite sorry for him although I wasn’t booing. 

He clearly wasn’t the man the sfa wanted. Best for everyone if they change it now for me.

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Alex McLeish isn’t Scotland manager come the next game.

Seen some woeful sides down the years but tactics and team selection all over the place.

Bad atmosphere in the stadium on Sunday with lots of booing which isn’t the norm when we’re winning. Felt quite sorry for him although I wasn’t booing. 

He clearly wasn’t the man the sfa wanted. Best for everyone if they change it now for me.

Who would you replace him with, comfy? 

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Do you think anyone will do significantly better with the same players? I suppose looking at Northern Ireland it's possible.

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Do you think anyone will do significantly better with the same players? I suppose looking at Northern Ireland it's possible.

I think the trick is to find a manager who can get players to want to play for Scotland.

We had 2 players wouldn't play against Kazakhstan because it was a plastic pitch.

I did have a wee chuckle when one was taken off injured against San Marino which was played on grass!

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ten goals in two matches.

It feels strange having an England team who are actually good and likeable.

Yep! Solid display last night and hopefully we can continue that into the summer with the Nation's League (whatever that is), wrap up Euro qualification and take a confident, strong side to the tournament next year.