Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Just now, fred quimby said:

Not much point though if not needed

but it looks like it was, unless you're thinking it's merely coincidence that his minor medical problem has happened to coincide with the international break?

I mean, coincidences do happen. But so do operations getting delayed to a more-convenient time for the club.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

but it looks like it was, unless you're thinking it's merely coincidence that his minor medical problem has happened to coincide with the international break?

I mean, coincidences do happen. But so do operations getting delayed to a more-convenient time for the club.

ah, so you know that he has had this for a while then?

fair enough. I do not have the facts on when he had it or what it is like

3 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

who knows. Certainly possible of course. Mind you if it is anything like I have had there would be no waiting at all

Can be the case a dentist will want the infection down before operating. That requires a wait.

Other people have discovered painkillers too. :P 

Edited by eFestivals

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Can be the case a dentist will want the infection down before operating. That requires a wait.

Other people have discovered painkillers too. :P 

Wish they had painkillers that strong when I had mine, nowt would touch it (well half a bottle of whiskey helped)

I assumed they would drain it first and then treat with antibiotics in the wound and then carry on with what ever else they need to do.

Anyway hope Scotland get through both and they have cover as well.

7 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Wish they had painkillers that strong when I had mine, nowt would touch it (well half a bottle of whiskey helped)

I assumed they would drain it first and then treat with antibiotics in the wound and then carry on with what ever else they need to do.

Anyway hope Scotland get through both and they have cover as well.

We`ve cursed it Fred. Tierney now out of Thursday with a hip injury. Spoiled at left back with arguably our 2 best players covering that position. Both out.

Edited by Comfy Bean

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it can be managed until a convenient time.

Arguable with an abscess and toothache for a fitba player but lets roll with it.

The recovery time from any injury could also be " managed " by a player looking to use the international break and avoid the call off rules.

That is NOT what Robertson is doing here which is why I referred to it as refreshing. An idea you thought was weird LoL !

Edited by Comfy Bean

11 hours ago, eFestivals said:

eh?

Surely he's a c**t for choosing to have the op during Scotland-time and not during club-time?

He's definitely put scotland 2nd here, and going to the 2nd match is something he doesn't really have a choice about (due to the call-up rules).

I reckon most players would put their country 2nd, so I'm not really having a pop at him. My post here is cos comfy's is weird and off-target.

Scotland captain Andy Robertson was so desperate to play in his team's opening Euro 2020 qualifier that he offered to fly solo to Kazakhstan – despite undergoing emergency surgery on a painful dental abscess.

And Sportsmail understands that the Anfield fans' favourite WILL make himself available for Sunday's clash with Group I minnows San Marino in Serravalle.

Robertson took a black cab straight to Heathrow following Liverpool's 2-1 Premier League win over Fulham on Sunday, having failed to find a doctor able to operate immediately in London.

The rampaging left back hoped that, by flying north immediately, he could go under the knife in Glasgow on Sunday night.

But had to wait until Monday morning for a slot at the city's Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Despite the delay, and disregarding the fact that his club would clearly rather he spent the full week recovering on a beach, Robertson asked SFA officials if they could arrange commercial flights — going against medical advice — enabling him to catch up with the squad in time for Thursday's group opener.

That was ruled out on a combination of medical and bureaucratic grounds, leaving the 25-year-old distraught.

In fact, before going under the knife, Robertson told friends that he still hadn't given up on his hopes of making to Astana, insisting that he would see what kind of pain he was in before resuming his insistence on finding a way to make it.

Told repeatedly that it just wasn't possible, Sportsmail understands that he immediately voiced his intention to join the squad in San Marino in time for this Sunday's fixture. 

Edited by Comfy Bean
cut and pasted to avoid M*** link

12 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Arguable with an abscess and toothache for a fitba player but lets roll with it.

The recovery time from any injury could also be " managed " by a player looking to use the international break and avoid the call off rules.

That is NOT what Robertson is doing here which is why I referred to it as refreshing. An idea you thought was weird LoL !

what I thought was weird was your praise for Robertson for turning up half the time after relegating his Scotland duties to 2nd tier.

(like i said, it wasn';t a pop at Robertson, it was a comment on your weird praise of him for putting Scotland 2nd).

17 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

So Adam Johnson has been released from prison. Will he be allowed to resume his playing career? Should he be allowed?

Hasn't played a game for over three years, 31 and served time for sexual assault. Whatever your opinion is on whether criminals should be allowed to play again after their release, he isn't getting anywhere near PL / Championship.

21 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Hasn't played a game for over three years, 31 and served time for sexual assault. Whatever your opinion is on whether criminals should be allowed to play again after their release, he isn't getting anywhere near PL / Championship.

Wouldn't be too sure about that.

While i have no info on Johnson, fitness can be a big thing for prisoners. It's not like they've got much else they can do.

I'm not thinking we'd see him in a week or two, but i don't see it as impossible for him being plenty good enough for a middling Champs team.

Edited by eFestivals

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

While i have no info on Johnson, fitness can be a big thing for prisoners. It's not like they've got much else they can do.

I'm not thinking we'd see him in a week or two, but i don't see it as impossible for him being plenty good enough for a middling Champs team.

I agree with all of that. I have no doubt there are championship teams who would take the gamble if they felt they could absorb the negative press, I suspect fitness won’t be an issue.

I believe in rehabilitation and the right to work following a conviction, that means rich convicts get to work as well, There are clearly jobs that wouldn’t be suitable such as teaching, but I suspect a football club can put safeguards in place in terms of his access to younger supporters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I really, really reckon there is zero chance of him playing again in the top two tiers of English football. 

56 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I agree with all of that. I have no doubt there are championship teams who would take the gamble if they felt they could absorb the negative press, I suspect fitness won’t be an issue.

PR nightmare, rightly or wrongly.

Anyway...................

Hoping to see more of Sancho and Hudson Odoi tonight.

8 minutes ago, jump said:

The last time something like this happened Ched Evans managed to find a club and he was a lesser player than Johnson. The situation might be abit different as he always claimed being innocent and was later cleared unlike Johnson who pleaded guilty.

Luke McCormick also killed 2 children from drink driving and was allowed to resume a career. He didn't play in the top 2 leagues, but I think that was down to his natural level rather than morals