Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Gana Gueye was brilliant today. Fingers crossed he's inadvertently ruined his move to PSG by allowing them to upgrade their sights to Kante due to no Champions league footy next season.

The standard 40 points should hopefully be safety now.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Gana Gueye was brilliant today. Fingers crossed he's inadvertently ruined his move to PSG by allowing them to upgrade their sights to Kante due to no Champions league footy next season.

The standard 40 points should hopefully be safety now.

Kante signed a new record deal in Nov. PSG moved for him in the summer but he wasn't interested. We're still capable of qualifying for CL too.

Shit today tho and a pretty shit season in general.

16 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Kante signed a new record deal in Nov. PSG moved for him in the summer but he wasn't interested. We're still capable of qualifying for CL too.

Shit today tho and a pretty shit season in general.

April will be make or break you would imagine. Europa quarter finals, with trips to Liverpool and united. 

Top 4 race is spicy. With all the additional European fixtures in the mix for all 4 of the teams battling it out, 3rd and 4th could go to any of them. 

Think it'll be a closer and more interesting finish than the one for the title. 

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

Top 4 race is spicy. With all the additional European fixtures in the mix for all 4 of the teams battling it out, 3rd and 4th could go to any of them. 

Think it'll be a closer and more interesting finish than the one for the title. 

I hope Arsenal finish 4th but Chelsea win Europa and United win CL. Would be funny.

8 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Unusual and refreshing attitude from Andy Robertson towards upcoming Scotland fixtures. Didn’t make flight for Thursdays game due to abscess so flying to San Marino to join up and hopefully play there in Sunday’s game.

eh?

Surely he's a c**t for choosing to have the op during Scotland-time and not during club-time?

He's definitely put scotland 2nd here, and going to the 2nd match is something he doesn't really have a choice about (due to the call-up rules).

I reckon most players would put their country 2nd, so I'm not really having a pop at him. My post here is cos comfy's is weird and off-target.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

eh?

Surely he's a c**t for choosing to have the op during Scotland-time and not during club-time?

He's definitely put scotland 2nd here, and going to the 2nd match is something he doesn't really have a choice about (due to the call-up rules).

I reckon most players would put their country 2nd, so I'm not really having a pop at him. My post here is cos comfy's is weird and off-target.

I don’t think he’s a C*** no. I suspect you don’t know the full story if that’s your conclusion. As I said, I found his attitude refreshing.

As you said, most players put their Country 2nd. I agree, hence my use of the word refreshing. Robertson clearly isn’t most players which is probably why he’s already captain.

As far as I’m aware, you can’t time toothache to coincide with international breaks. The absece that required the operation meant he couldn’t fly with the team due to air pressure. He was given a free pass under the call up rules that you mentioned  but he instructed the SFA to get him on a later flight across 6 time zones. 

As far as I can gather he will now have to fly to San Marino and meet the squad there as he is ignoring the medical out option.

Left back is one position we have cover for on Thursday  but he’ll get a great reception if/when he takes the field in San Marino on Sunday with Tierney switching sides.