Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Utd aside, would love to see Juve vs Barca in the final. Last time Ronaldo and Messi may face each other.  

I hope that doesn't happen, mainly for the circus that would go around it. Everyone would talk about it as the final decider of who's greatest. The actual game would be a belter though.

17 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Utd Barca is a whopper. Great test for the manager. He’ll want revenge for his side’s loss in 2011.

?

Huge game.

on a personal level it’s Barcelona what Europe is all about for me , it was my first big united game in 84 when Robson had Maradonna in his pocket. Still that is the best atmosphere I’ve been involved in at united,  although young eyes might have given me rose tinted glasses. 

So many great and bad memories with Barcelona since that game, from getting thumped 4-0 at the nou camp, to the 2 finals we lost against them. Then the Semi win when we won it in 2008, the 2-2 draw in the treble season.

Then winning it in 1999 in there stadium, winning the cup winners cup in 1991.

I am sure this one won’t disappoint either, one way or another. 

Edited by thetime

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Huge game.

on a personal level it’s Barcelona what Europe is all about for me , it was my first big united game in 84 when Robson had Maradonna in his pocket. Still that is the best atmosphere I’ve been involved in at united,  although young eyes might have given me rose tinted glasses. 

So many great and bad memories with Barcelona since that game, from getting thumped 4-0 at the nou camp, to the 2 finals we lost against them. Then the Semi win when we won it in 2008, the 2-2 draw in the treble season.

Then winning it in 1999 in there stadium, winning the cup winners cup in 1991.

I am sure this one won’t disappoint either, one way or another. 

I remember the first final most of our media had man u as favourites. From memory both were very one sided.

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Utd were never in it. Wolves outplayed them 

Wolves had 38% possession, took the lead with 20 minutes to go. 

Wolves didn’t outplay United, they just did a lot more with the ball when they had the possession. 

Wolves deserved to win, thrashing is just over exaggerating as usual. 

Edited by thetime