Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Dunno about that really.

All respect to Ole as he's turned things around well, but this is the team and players who finished 2nd last season.

Where were they after the Liverpool game? That’s what I’m saying, 2nd-4th is all the same you don’t win anything. 

45 minutes ago, thetime said:

Most crucial was getting rid of the twat Nal, One thinks united fans are getting a bit ahead of themselves. Getting top 4 would be a wonderful achievement where we were points and form wise. 

They should forget about the Champions League, the FA Cup will be pretty difficult as I’m thinking city will get close to the quadruple this season. 

Its simple mathematically, get the same points as Chelsea and Arsenal then 4th place is there’s.  

Yes the "give Ole the job" crowd were very premature. But fielding a weakened team in any of the big competitions or against the bigger teams isn't an option. 

19 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Am I the only person who thinks spurs will be spurs and finish 5th?

They've done well in the games with the lads out injured. Been lucky mind you. 

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They've done well in the games with the lads out injured. Been lucky mind you. 

Not disputing that. Lamela has really stepped up during this period. If they were any other team with those players I'd say they're in with a chance at the title. Fact is Spurs are Spurs. 

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Why? He is doing a great job. 

Is he? Or is he looking good in stark contrast to Moaniho?

I'm not trying to say he's doing a bad job - that was Moaniho - but he's got a team of supposedly top players to field. By default their play should be somewhere around what it is.

Whatever, if I were running Utd, right now I'd be inclined to stick with him. I think there's an amount of 'right face right time' to managerial appointments and he's that right face at the mo, and a replacement might not be.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Is he? Or is he looking good in stark contrast to Moaniho?

I'm not trying to say he's doing a bad job - that was Moaniho - but he's got a team of supposedly top players to field. By default their play should be somewhere around what it is.

Whatever, if I were running Utd, right now I'd be inclined to stick with him. I think there's an amount of 'right face right time' to managerial appointments and he's that right face at the mo, and a replacement might not be.

Won 10 drew 1 lost 1 

Edited by thetime

12 minutes ago, thetime said:

Why? He is doing a great job. 

Don't disagree but against Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Reading, Newcastle etc. Good wins vs Spurs and Arsenal. Although the Spurs result was down to their poor finishing more than anything else. 

He has got them playing much better and in a better style but lets look at things mid March after some tough games. He shouldn't get the job based on a new manager bump, freedom from Mourinho or on sentiment. Hes only been in the job for 7 weeks. 

Edited by The Nal

Just now, The Nal said:

Don't disagree but against Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Reading, Newcastle etc. Good wins vs Spurs and Arsenal. Although the Spurs result was down to their poor finishing more than anything else. 

He has got them playing much better and in a better style but lets look at things mid March after some tough games. 

The tough games wouldn’t decide anything for me, most of them are better sides than utd. 

Solskjaer and the coaches has revitalised the entire club, I can actually enjoy and look forward to games now. 

Just now, thetime said:

The tough games wouldn’t decide anything for me, most of them are better sides than utd. 

Solskjaer and the coaches has revitalised the entire club, I can actually enjoy and look forward to games now. 

Well yes thats nice alright. He was the perfect man for that. Still not sure about long term until we see how these next few weeks go. 

Didn't see much of the game last night but it would seem Sanchezs days are numbered. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yup, but almost exclusively against the sorts of teams Utd should be beating anyway, as demonstrated by where they finished last season.

It's a bit early to call it yet with a new manager bounce and easier matches.

Success in the premiership is based on beating teams you would expect to beat, there are fare more average/poor than good.

13 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Not denying they can look great at times like tonight. I just don't see them coming out of this season with a trophy, and can also see late-failures in other competitions hitting their league form and giving them a last minute drop to 5th.

Are you expecting Chelsea or Arsenal to go on a run? Don’t see either happening especially as they will take the Europa seriously. 

Chances are they won’t get anywhere near a trophy, they’re having a good journey though. ;)