Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

8 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I know man utd have been strong in the league, but they lack that champions league knockout experience.

They certainly lacked a bit of quality and know how. Even without there 2 forwards they were cut above united, certainly going forward. 

Only ended up watching the first half as I didn't think the game was going anywhere. Was a classic European tie. Ref dishing out cards and players rolling about. What's the extent of JLingz and Martial's injuries? Certainly wouldn't do any harm to Chelsea's chances next Monday...

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Only ended up watching the first half as I didn't think the game was going anywhere. Was a classic European tie. Ref dishing out cards and players rolling about. What's the extent of JLingz and Martial's injuries? Certainly wouldn't do any harm to Chelsea's chances next Monday...

"Muscle injuries" so they're a huge doubt.

Just now, eastynh said:

So will United play their best available team against Liverpool next week, or will they rest their better players in the hope that they can turn it round against PSG?

They should concentrateon the league I'd have thought.

Saying that pogba will be available for Liverpool since he can't go to Paris.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

So will United play their best available team against Liverpool next week, or will they rest their better players in the hope that they can turn it round against PSG?

I think finishing in 4th place is an easier route to next year than winning the champions league. I don't think they are in a place to field a reserve team.

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Best possible team for Chelsea in the FA Cup, Liverpool, Arsenal and City. The PSG game is 10 days after the Liverpool game (2 games in between) so loads of time. Defo a weakened team for Palace and Southampton. Most crucial 4 weeks of the season coming up. 

36 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Most crucial 4 weeks of the season coming up. 

Most crucial was getting rid of the twat Nal, One thinks united fans are getting a bit ahead of themselves. Getting top 4 would be a wonderful achievement where we were points and form wise. 

They should forget about the Champions League, the FA Cup will be pretty difficult as I’m thinking city will get close to the quadruple this season. 

Its simple mathematically, get the same points as Chelsea and Arsenal then 4th place is there’s.  

59 minutes ago, eastynh said:

There's another 2 rounds of fixtures between the Liverpool game and the PSG game where they've got Palace away and Southampton at home so more likely to rest players during those 2 than the Liverpool game