Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

7 hours ago, eastynh said:

I don't care about character mate. I just just want a decent view of the pitch, feel safe in my seat and able to get a drink at half time. None of which you can do at Goodison. 

I feel very different. I have gone to loads of lower league grounds and always felt safe. Outside the ground has been a bit different, Maine Road being one of the worst.

I love the tradition and character some of these older grounds have. These identikit out of town modern stadiums just don't do it for me.

pretty much all new football stadiums in England follow the same tired model. There really is a lack of inventiveness or uniqueness with any of them.  

They need to take a look at some of the new stadiums being built in the NFL, some of those are ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I reckon Spurs new ground looks like it's going to be very good.

When its not being flooded by faulty sprinkler systems. 

Absolute shitshow of a stadium opening - probably going to be 5 games there this season (more if they get past Dortmund in CL)

Edited by mjsell

14 hours ago, eastynh said:

I don't care about character mate. I just just want a decent view of the pitch, feel safe in my seat and able to get a drink at half time. None of which you can do at Goodison. 

Disagree. Although the pie I had at Goodison this season was probably the foulest tasting thing I’ve ever had at a game of football 

13 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

Disagree. Although the pie I had at Goodison this season was probably the foulest tasting thing I’ve ever had at a game of football 

Where was you sat mate. I usually sit in the upper Bullens. This time I was in the middle bit. Never ever again.  Even if I wanted a pie, it was impossible to get to the concourse or the loo due to the mass of peoole. The whole stadium is a shithole.

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

Maine Road was a bit of a kip though. 

Maybe mate but it was still far better than places like Goodison. At least you could see the pitch. The actual stands at Maine Road were actually fine. It just looked like a patch work quilt and was not very pleasing on the eye

I'll only be happy to move if they get the new place right and with Bramley Moore Dock being a world heritage site they really need to get it spot on, its one of the most iconic locations in Liverpool. I'll still believe it when I see it.

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Where was you sat mate. I usually sit in the upper Bullens. This time I was in the middle bit. Never ever again.  Even if I wanted a pie, it was impossible to get to the concourse or the loo due to the mass of peoole. The whole stadium is a shithole.

This time I was upper bullens, have been in the lower too. It’s fine unless you’re at the back. People in a concourse, who would have thought it - hate to think what you’d have thought about the chicken run. 

I’d swap the bowl for Goodison in a heartbeat. 

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Maybe mate but it was still far better than places like Goodison. At least you could see the pitch. The actual stands at Maine Road were actually fine. It just looked like a patch work quilt and was not very pleasing on the eye

I cut my shin on a wall at Maine Road celebrating a Steve Lomas goal in the cup - the game Kinkladze scored one of his daft goals with the ball glued to his foot. Got applause from all four sides. Atmosphere at the new place is toilet in comparison. 

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Big win for City in terms of goal difference. Thats as good as an extra point. 

Chelsea had a 21 better goal difference than united when Ole took over, now united are one better. 

Thats some turn around.

Edited by thetime