Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Difference of opinion Neil

I read a lot of the footie comment at the Guardian.

I see of lot of Manchester people posting claims of others saying about too long grass, bent refs, entitlement, 'the title is ours', etc, etc, etc, but I never actually see it said by those claimed to say it.

Meanwhile, here, there's normally none of that. 

Everton did not even try tonight, was embarrassing.

Quicker they move to a new ground, the better. What a shit hole.  Which ever idiot thinks it's safer to have football fans stood up behind seats rather than safe standing is an absolute weapon. There is no way it is safe as it is now. Every away game I go now, I am forced to stand up in an unsafe environment just because everyone else does. It felt really uncomfortable all night. Either enforce it as all seater and or give people a place to stand safely if that's what they want to do.

13 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I had a look what the odds would be on a Man City domestic treble and it was only 6/1! Just shows the strength of squad we are up against.

Not really too surprising considering the FA cup draw and are already in the LC final.

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Everton did not even try tonight, was embarrassing.

Quicker they move to a new ground, the better. What a shit hole.  Which ever idiot thinks it's safer to have football fans stood up behind seats rather than safe standing is an absolute weapon. There is no way it is safe as it is now. Every away game I go now, I am forced to stand up in an unsafe environment just because everyone else does. It felt really uncomfortable all night. Either enforce it as all seater and or give people a place to stand safely if that's what they want to do.

Safe standing is a must for me. I however aren’t generally a fan of new stadiums compared to the old ones.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Safe standing is a must for me. I however aren’t generally a fan of new stadiums compared to the old ones.

Mate its not safe as it is now. I make a point of going Goodison every year as my mate is an Everton season ticket holder. It is a horrible stadium. Oldham Athletic and FC United have better facilities than Everton. Goodison needs bulldozing ASAP.

Anfield is not great either but it is a lot better than Goodison.

7 hours ago, eastynh said:

Mate its not safe as it is now. I make a point of going Goodison every year as my mate is an Everton season ticket holder. It is a horrible stadium. Oldham Athletic and FC United have better facilities than Everton. Goodison needs bulldozing ASAP.

Anfield is not great either but it is a lot better than Goodison.

I agree standing isn't safe now and this should be brought in, new stadium or not.

I guess people look for different things from a stadium. I am personally not a fan of the modern identikit stadium which I find generally lack character.

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I agree standing isn't safe now and this should be brought in, new stadium or not.

I guess people look for different things from a stadium. I am personally not a fan of the modern identikit stadium which I find generally lack character.

I don't care about character mate. I just just want a decent view of the pitch, feel safe in my seat and able to get a drink at half time. None of which you can do at Goodison. 

22 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I don't care about character mate. I just just want a decent view of the pitch, feel safe in my seat and able to get a drink at half time. None of which you can do at Goodison. 

Sounds like you want to stay in your armchair at home then.

5 minutes ago, mjsell said:

If it was not for the fact my friend is a Scouser and we make a point of meeting up every year both home and away, I would gladly stay at home where Goodison is concerned.

As a kid I loved standing on the Kippax and was mortified when it was flattened. Yet I will hold my hands up here, standing up at football is no longer something I want to do. I am quite happy in a seat where I can watch the football.

17 minutes ago, eastynh said:

As a kid I loved standing on the Kippax and was mortified when it was flattened. Yet I will hold my hands up here, standing up at football is no longer something I want to do. I am quite happy in a seat where I can watch the football.

I see no reason why both seating and standing can't be accommodated in grounds these days - we were the first top flight English club to submit a safe standing proposal last year which the government rejected. I'm disappointed we haven't revisited it now that the stance seems to have been softened.

45 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Best mate is a season ticket holder at city, has been for 30 odd years and he has one of those posh heated seats at the Etihad. As you get older you want a little bit of comfort as your bones rattle in freezing conditions. ?