Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I watched Brighton yesterday and can't name 5 of their players.

To be fair, last year Dunk and Duffy were a very good partnership at the back. This year they seem to be finding it more difficult but I think they're trying to establish themselves as a Prem team which takes time.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sessegnon’s choice of club in the summer will be huge. Hopefully he’ll go somewhere he can play regularly at a high level and not get swallowed up at City or Chelsea.

Spurs the right fit surely? Won't be cheap though? On my latest 2021 Football Manager save he's at Wolves.

10 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Spurs the right fit surely? Won't be cheap though? On my latest 2021 Football Manager save he's at Wolves.

In their 4-2-3-1, which of Son/Alli/Erikssen that play behind Kane doesn't play so Sessegnon could get serious game time?

They've already got back-up there. And apart from over the last month, those 3 play nearly every game.

If he goes to a top 6 team he'll play 20ish games over a season.

3 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

In their 4-2-3-1, which of Son/Alli/Erikssen that play behind Kane doesn't play so Sessegnon could get serious game time?

They've already got back-up there. And apart from over the last month, those 3 play nearly every game.

If he goes to a top 6 team he'll play 20ish games over a season.

Don’t really see where he fits in to the top 6. Every side either doesn’t play a system that suits or have better in that role. Arsenal might be the best fit, but if he went anywhere he needs time to grow - he’s nowhere near the finished article yet.

Hopefully like a few others he’ll go abroad.

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Klopp giving it to Pellegrini and the refs at the end... Liverpool's goal was offside?

It was so obviously I thought it must have come off their player, was surprised when they showed the replay that it hadn't. Pity Origi didn't take the other offside chance at the end. That would have been really funny.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

It was so obviously I thought it must have come off their player, was surprised when they showed the replay that it hadn't. Pity Origi didn't take the other offside chance at the end. That would have been really funny.

Can’t say the officials are not rooting for ya.

We've certainly got a good title race to come. I can't believe that following Spurs' 'injury crisis' they have actually gained ground in recent weeks and put themselves right back in contention - credit where its due, scraping out those wins the last couple of weeks. 

5 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I know Liverpool had injuries but I was very impressed by West Ham.

yep, me too. They worked their arses off in the first half, and i thought they might pay for it in the 2nd half but still managed to keep pace with Liverpool.

Don't think Keita is working out very well. He tends to look the weakest link each time he plays.

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

:lol:

by position they were 5 players away from any one of their normal preferred first 11 picks (you might count Milner as one of that first 11, but not when he's playing right back). 

And the only one on the bench who might normally get a game was Shaq.

West Ham were very decent, but you're kidding yourself if you think you were playing a 'normal' Liverpool team.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Don't think Keita is working out very well. He tends to look the weakest link each time he plays.

Until recently I've been saying that I can't pick out what good he does on the pitch? Doesn't seem to make cute passes, doesn't seem to win the ball back all that often or make decent tackles... Last few games I've seen him make some nice bursts into the final third but that's about it. I think he can be a good ball carrier but even there I've only seen glimpses.

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Until recently I've been saying that I can't pick out what good he does on the pitch? Doesn't seem to make cute passes, doesn't seem to win the ball back all that often or make decent tackles... Last few games I've seen him make some nice bursts into the final third but that's about it. I think he can be a good ball carrier but even there I've only seen glimpses.

They're not going to win the league with him in midfield and Milner at right back.