Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

On 1/18/2019 at 10:53 AM, Wooderson said:

Coutinho's people are hatching an exit for him from Barca now. He could end up at Utd.

I've seen this said a lot. I would like to think he would be better than to join one of our rivals but honestly have no idea anymore.

I would love to have him back. Apparently Barca still owe us around £80mil from his original transfer which may work in our favour - if Klopp is even interested that is. I would also suspect he may not want to come back as it could be seen as failure.

10 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I've seen this said a lot. I would like to think he would be better than to join one of our rivals but honestly have no idea anymore.

I would love to have him back. Apparently Barca still owe us around £80mil from his original transfer which may work in our favour - if Klopp is even interested that is. I would also suspect he may not want to come back as it could be seen as failure.

Klopp has said he's not interested. Paper gossip today says Chelsea are.

---

That Neves can see a pass, eh? Love the way they sing about him too.

16 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Big cheers when the halftime score at Anfield read out.

With the amount of money Liverpool are spending, it's only a matter of time before you win the title. It might be this season, might be next season but it’s only the matter of time. Same with the Blackburn’s and the city’s of the world, it’s just nice united are having a go nowadays. :cheese:

Blimey. Bit of a conundrum at Chelsea. Fans turned on Sarri pretty quickly yesterday. Bunch of cry babies. Obviously we don't love losing to Arsenal or Spurs but wow. It was a rubbish performance but I still feel like we will finish above them. The presser afterwards was weird. Sarri saying he can't motivate them because they aren't mentally aggressive and maybe they should not play at this level. Not sure a team with that many winners medals in will take kindly to that. We were crap though. Also RE Coutinho, no chance Chelsea want him. Can't see that one.

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Blimey. Bit of a conundrum at Chelsea. Fans turned on Sarri pretty quickly yesterday. Bunch of cry babies. Obviously we don't love losing to Arsenal or Spurs but wow. It was a rubbish performance but I still feel like we will finish above them. The presser afterwards was weird. Sarri saying he can't motivate them because they aren't mentally aggressive and maybe they should not play at this level. Not sure a team with that many winners medals in will take kindly to that. We were crap though. Also RE Coutinho, no chance Chelsea want him. Can't see that one.

Top 4 looks interesting chase now, 4 teams going for 3rd/4th. ;)

Will be interesting how spurs cope without Kane. 

Edited by thetime

2 hours ago, thetime said:

With the amount of money Liverpool are spending, it's only a matter of time before you win the title. It might be this season, might be next season but it’s only the matter of time. Same with the Blackburn’s and the city’s of the world, it’s just nice united are having a go nowadays. :cheese:

Hmm. Can’t see LFC ever cheering on Everton to a title.

Comment on spending is amusing.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Its a fairly fool proof method. The teams who spend the most across all of the leagues win things. LFC have spent 300m in the last 18 months. No surprise they're top of the league.  

Utd spent similar across two seasons and finished a solid 2nd, behind City who spent more. Theres no big mystery behind success in football. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Its a fairly fool proof method. The teams who spend the most across all of the leagues win things. LFC have spent 300m in the last 18 months. No surprise they're top of the league.  

Utd spent similar across two seasons and finished a solid 2nd, behind City who spent more. Theres no big mystery behind success in football. 

How much of the money utd spent did they recoup on player sales?

3 hours ago, thetime said:

Are united fans cheering on city to win title? Not met one yet, or is that social media?

United fans from outside Manchester  seem to want City to win it as for some strange reason they see Liverpool as their rivals, even though it is a bullshit rivalry that was made up by Sky. Liverpool and United have never in their 100 and odd year history competed directly against each other for trophies.

I can kind of understand foreigners and the Irish believing Liverpool and United are major rivals as they don't come into contact with City fans. But the whole rivalry is fabricated and has been piggy backed onto the Manchester and Liverpool rivalry, which has absolutely nothing to do with football what so ever.  

36 minutes ago, eastynh said:

United fans from outside Manchester  seem to want City to win it as for some strange reason they see Liverpool as their rivals, even though it is a bullshit rivalry that was made up by Sky. Liverpool and United have never in their 100 and odd year history competed directly against each other for trophies.

I can kind of understand foreigners and the Irish believing Liverpool and United are major rivals as they don't come into contact with City fans. But the whole rivalry is fabricated and has been piggy backed onto the Manchester and Liverpool rivalry, which has absolutely nothing to do with football what so ever.  

Really? You don't believe there's a Liverpool United rivalry? Most Liverpool I know fans see United as the biggest rival they want to beat and vice versa. And most of the United fans I know mainly don't want Liverpool to win because we've not won in so long, where as for City it would be just another title and there's a long time until they match United's total. 

42 minutes ago, eastynh said:

City fans trying to make themselves relevant.

united/Liverpool rivalry has been there long before sky was here. Liverpool and united were big rivals when I was at school way back in the 80s. 

3 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Really? You don't believe there's a Liverpool United rivalry? Most Liverpool I know fans see United as the biggest rival they want to beat and vice versa. And most of the United fans I know mainly don't want Liverpool to win because we've not won in so long, where as for City it would be just another title and there's a long time until they match United's total. 

I did not say that. I said United fans outside Manchester want City to win the title. It is an all together different matter in Manchester. 

Yes there is a Manchester and Liverpool rivalry but it had absolutely nothing to do with football and was piggy backed on by Sky, 20 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

City fans trying to make themselves relevant.

united/Liverpool rivalry has been there long before sky was here. Liverpool and united were big rivals when I was at school way back in the 80s. 

Where did you go to school? I will hazard a guess here and say it was nowhere near Stretford or Moston?

As for the 80's. All teams generally hated Liverpool in the 80's and not just United fans. Liverpool were competing with Everton in the 80's, not United.

Now my dad comes from Lower Broughton, right next to the cliff. Big United fan and so are all his family. My mum comes from Miles Platting and from a big blue family. I have lived in Newton Heath for 40 years. One thing both sides the family can agree on is they have Scousers and it has nothing to do with football.

Like I say, it's probably different outside Manchester. You generally don't go to school or work with Scousers in Manchester. Who do you think United fans are having banter with in work and taking shit off. It is certainly not Scousers. Do you really think United fans care what Liverpool fans in Norway think?