Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

City loosing two on the bounce and to Palace at home and Leicester away... what the hell is going on? Getting nervous that I’m going to start proper believing the Pool could do it (as it will make the fucking it up all the worse!).... Alien position to be in and alien feeling to have over the last few decades....  

7 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

City loosing two on the bounce and to Palace at home and Leicester away... what the hell is going on? Getting nervous that I’m going to start proper believing the Pool could do it (as it will make the fucking it up all the worse!).... Alien position to be in and alien feeling to have over the last few decades....  

Not really, wasn’t Liverpool a slip away from winning the league? They’ve had a few chances over the last few decades. 

29 minutes ago, thetime said:

Not really, wasn’t Liverpool a slip away from winning the league? They’ve had a few chances over the last few decades. 

Never fully believed then as they had to go on an improbable streak to win it. City’s games in hand that season made it look more competitive than it was. Was hopeful but never thought it was a reality I was convinced of and was not surprised when they slipped up... This is a very different situation. 

As with the year Rafa went “close”.....as soon as he went on his rant I knew it was not on... 

Again, very different situation currently...

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well, bit more than half. But they are undefeated and 7 points ahead of city.

Who would you have as favourites?

City still favourite’s for me, but with so many games left I wouldn’t make any side odds on. 

That City game in a week or so has taken greater significance. 

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well, bit more than half. But they are undefeated and 7 points ahead of city.

Who would you have as favourites?

It's enough of a gap to make it interesting. It's a different type of pressure once the run in starts.

Good day for me today with Wrexham putting 5 past the moneybags class of 92 team.

15 minutes ago, thetime said:

City still favourite’s for me, but with so many games left I wouldn’t make any side odds on. 

That City game in a week or so has taken greater significance. 

Ok but objectively, Liverpool have to be favourites. City have to win 3 more matches than Liverpool for the rest of the season, which seems unlikely at the moment.

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Ok but objectively, Liverpool have to be favourites. City have to win 3 more matches than Liverpool for the rest of the season, which seems unlikely at the moment.

However one of those games they play Liverpool. A 4 point gap is nothing o ee a few months. Liverpool get a draw or win then that changes things.

38 minutes ago, zahidf said:

City have dropped 6 points in the last 2 games, 7 points isn’t a lot in reality.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

City have dropped 6 points in the last 2 games, 7 points isn’t a lot in reality.

In that case spurs would be second favourites!

Liverpool have only dropped 6 points all this season so far as well.

7 points isn't a lot normally, I don't see city staying undefeated for the last 18 games or so. (Which may be what they need to do).

Just now, zahidf said:

7 points isn't a lot normally, I don't see city staying undefeated for the last 18 games or so. (Which may be what they need to do).

City are the only team out of the 3 to have been there and done it. All matter of opinion though, Liverpool could win it but city favourites for me. 

46 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Spurs don't have as good a squad of players though. It's a very different mentality being the leader and chasing the title. The city game will be fascinating, how much will city risk losing to win the game. With 3 points for a win being undefeated isn't necessarily great if there are a load of draws.

26 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

City have never defended the trophy though. One thing city have is a squad capable of absorbing almost any injury.

Dunno about that, they've lost fernadhino and seem to have fallen apart defensively.

Liverpool lost gomez and matip and still kept clean sheets.