Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

42 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Again I would ask how many French, Italian or Spanish fans would say VVD if asked the best defender in the world, my guess not many.

Possibly not, but he'd definitely be in the conversation. Defenders are harder to judge unless you watch them every week so pretty much everyones biased.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

My guess is if you did a worldwide poll Varane would probably win. Of course that doesnt necessarily mean he is the best.

He has singlehandedly turned LFC from a team people laughed at on here (“never win anything with that defence”) into one that has conceded 7 this season. Same as that über defensive Chelsea 05 team. Elite.

17 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

He has singlehandedly turned LFC from a team people laughed at on here (“never win anything with that defence”) into one that has conceded 7 this season. Same as that über defensive Chelsea 05 team. Elite.

To get that worldwide recognition it's going to take big champions league performances, international tournament etc. Then again. It's pretty difficult for a defender to get that recognition these days 

Watched the Wolves match in the pub and It looked more like Wolves couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo rather than the defenders cutting out chances. He'll effectively be tested 6 times domestically this season.. Kane, Aubameyang and Aguero.. thats it.

Anyone playing fantasy football knows strikers are dire this season.

9 hours ago, jyoung said:

We'll see about that mate. Doing well but we'll see...

I’m talking about right now tho mate. LFC have conceded the same amount of goals as shitcoat’s best. Unlike that miserly unit, our back 4 has changed multiple times. Apart from one player. He’s the difference.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

the injuries are clocking up, while KDB is back for city. I reckon it'll be very hard to stay top.

But you never know I guess, no one expected City to be anywhere other than top right now. Even most of their goal difference has gone.

If Liverpool can get past Arsenal winning the City game on the 3rd would put them 7 points clear. Like you say though, the squad. They have ran out of steam being in this situation before. But I dont think Ive seen a team as complete as this one since Rafa. 

Started the season thinking City would walk it again, not happening yet. Been waiting for the reds to lose a league game against someone in the bottom 3 as per, not happened yet. Expected Everton to get a draw, then United to get an undeserved 1 nil, didn't happen.

There's now a small voice in the back of my head saying "it's on", I'm drowning him out with thoughts of City being too good and memories of the many years we've fucked it up but... but... maybe, just maybe.

Now watch us lose to Newcastle. Might put 50p on that 22 to 1 bet.