Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That was before Pep and Klopp came to England and took things up a level, he hasn't been able to keep up with them and has been made to look like a dinosaur in comparison.

I'm not convinced they have taken things up a level. I think Fergies best man utd, mou best Chelsea and wengers best arsenal would have no problems competiting in 2018 

Just now, pink_triangle said:

As I have said there is nothing special about the likes of Mane and Robertson. Players need managers/systems that can get the most out of them.

Completely disagree about Mane. He's not in the very top tier of player but he's still very good.

1 minute ago, kaosmark2 said:

Completely disagree about Mane. He's not in the very top tier of player but he's still very good.

When I say nothing special, I really mean there are players of similar or greater quality at man utd who are playing significantly worse. You put Mane in man utd the last couple of years he wouldn't have done anything.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

When I say nothing special, I really mean there are players of similar or greater quality at man utd who are playing significantly worse. You put Mane in man utd the last couple of years he wouldn't have done anything.

Yes, I'd agree with that, but I'd put him in the tier of the likes of Mata, Willian, Firminho. He may not be a Salah/Hazard tier, but I think he's pretty damn good.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

They’re players who weren’t what they are now when they first signed but have improved dramatically through coaching. Something José seems to have forgotten how to do.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Playing devil's advocate, but is Ole any more qualified to manage man utd than Bruce or Hughes?

Morseo than Hughes, who was sacked by stoke and Southampton in the last 12 month's for being crap.

Bruce, maybe, but then I suspect it's more ole is ok only having a 5 month reign, whereas Bruce could probably get a more long term job at some point

Edited by zahidf

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Morseo than Hughes, who was sacked by stoke and Southampton in the last 12 month's for being crap.

Bruce, maybe, but then I suspect it's more ole is ok only having a 5 month reign, whereas Bruce could probably get a more long term job at some point

I think you've forgotten how bad Bruce was.

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

Well Hughes did a decent job at Stoke before getting sacked. The reality is at that level most managers will be sacked for being crap after a few years.

Bruce and Hughes both have good and crap. Ole has had one opportunity and only had crap. The reality is Hughes and Bruce are more tainted due to longevity. Note I wouldnt give any the job, but find it funny how people judge "qualified".