Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

26 minutes ago, thetime said:

To be fair jose won the league at Chelsea just befor Utd, I think that he’s been left behind is an over exaggeration.

That was before Pep and Klopp came to England and took things up a level, he hasn't been able to keep up with them and has been made to look like a dinosaur in comparison.

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I'm not sure he can do it. He never has before. Hes never built a team. 5 transfer windows at Utd, 11 players signed, 350 million. And plopsies. Zlatan the only good one. Although if he plays and stays fit I think Bailly could be great. 

Did you not have a bugler over Matic?

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That was before Pep and Klopp came to England and took things up a level, he hasn't been able to keep up with them and has been made to look like a dinosaur in comparison.

Indeed. He won with Chelsea against LVG, Pellegrini and a Suarezless Brodgmeister. 

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Did you not have a bugler over Matic?

Yup. Was excellent to begin with and then nowt. One of the big players in Chelseas two recent title wins under two different managers. 

Maybe a different manager could get the best from him. 

Edited by The Nal

Mourinho likes to be the man in charge. When Chelsea announced him for the second time, it was as the new 'manager'. Since then, Conte and Sarri have both been announced as 'head coach'. The feeling among the fans is that Mourinho was given the reigns in his second stint and despite winning the league in season two, left us with a few sacks of shit to deal with. The club has changed its ways a bit since then and it's very much the board who call the shots in the market now as Conte found out.

Edited by jyoung

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Now Jose has gone, who are people going to blame once it dawns on them that in fact the squad is abysmal and United are sat exactly in the table where their talent deserves?

I'd argue that a squad containing De Gea, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford, Mata, Shaw, Matic & Herrera should be looking at making the top four.

Defence is shite but you have to question who signed off vast amounts of money on them?

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I'd argue that a squad containing De Gea, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford, Mata, Shaw, Matic & Herrera should be looking at making the top four.

Defence is shite but you have to question who signed off vast amounts of money on them?

Agreed. Too easy to start saying "the squad's shite". They finished 2nd last year.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

And all of them are vastly over rated.

De Gae  - One dimensional shot stopper who makes Hollywood saves out of shots right at him.

Pogba - Biggest waste of money in premier league history. Absolutely brainless. Preening show pony who was signed as a knob waving statement.

Lukaku - Was ok at running in to space and bullying defenders on a direct run through on goal. Bulked up too big. Now a big fat oaf with an abysmal touch.

Martial - Inconsistent and not good enough for the top teams at present. Decent player in there somewhere and the one I would expect to come good.

Rashford - Speedboat without a driver.

Mata - Decent enough player. Europa league level player.

Shaw - Utter crap. Been left embarrassed every time he has come up against a decent right sided OPPO.

Matic - Legs have gone.

Herrera - Runs about a bit. Says the things United fans want to hear in press conferences, shit at actually playing football. Would not get anywhere near the top 5's midfield.

Sanchez - What an idiot. Money grabbing fucker who has come unstuck. United tried getting one over on City. United did City a massive favour.  

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

And all of them are vastly over rated.

De Gae  - One dimensional shot stopper who makes Hollywood saves out of shots right at him.

Pogba - Biggest waste of money in premier league history. Absolutely brainless. Preening show pony who was signed as a knob waving statement.

Lukaku - Was ok at running in to space and bullying defenders on a direct run through on goal. Bulked up too big. Now a big fat oaf with an abysmal touch.

Martial - Inconsistent and not good enough for the top teams at present. Decent player in there somewhere and the one I would expect to come good.

Rashford - Speedboat without a driver.

Mata - Decent enough player. Europa league level player.

Shaw - Utter crap. Been left embarrassed every time he has come up against a decent right sided OPPO.

Matic - Legs have gone.

Herrera - Runs about a bit. Says the things United fans want to hear in press conferences, shit at actually playing football. Would not get anywhere near the top 5's midfield. 

Sanchez - What an idiot. Money grabbing fucker who has come unstuck. United tried getting one over on City. United did City a massive favour.  

The vast majority of those players have proven their quality either at other clubs or at international level. Mourinho managed to make them considerably less than the sum of their parts.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The vast majority of those players have proven their quality either at other clubs or at international level. Mourinho managed to make them considerably less than the sum of their parts.

Cone on mate seriously, you have eyes. It's not Joses fault Lukaku can't trap a bag of cement, nor is it his fault Matic's legs have gone or Sanchez has been shit for 2 years.

Rashford is the modern day Darren Huckerby.

Shaw and Herrara are crap, they always have been.

Martial is the one with promise.

Pogba, everyone talks about him being a winner. He was average at best in the world cup and Modric made him look a fool in the final. 

19 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Matic - Legs have gone.

Matic has his flaws but you've plucked this one out of thin air. The lad isn't Michael Owen, his game has never been about his legs and I doubt them suddenly disappearing is the reason for his and United's 'meh' perfomances.

Edited by jyoung

Herrera is dogshit and Rashford is completely overrated, but the rest of those mentioned would walk into any side outside the top 6 and get decent game time at the other big clubs. They're all incredibly inconsistent, but that's got to be on the manager of the last 3 years?

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Even your Fergie’s and pep’s of the world, should never be put into the same category as shankly/Busby/Steins/clough 

I disagree. Managers of different eras have different challenges. There was a time you could get promoted to the top league and be contenders to win it. The fact it can't happen now is nothing to do with the managers. 

The likes of Shankly, Fergie and pep were suited to the eras they managed. I