Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

26 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Nah. Be at real or psg before long.

Agreed, he is bound to get another opportunity in view of what he has won. 

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He won't go back to Real and I don't consider walking the French league as "elite level".

He'll almost certainly resurface at PSG, they love a big name and will be happy to pander to him for a while, but he'll never win the CL again.

I would consider PSG now an elite club in terms of the players and managers they can attract. The fact they are in the French league is pretty irrelevant as the champions league is the focus

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

#giveittogiggsy

Many Welsh fans would be happy to drive him to Old Trafford!

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Can't see Pochettino leaving Spurs.  

I think he will have to eventually. Its hard to see how he can progress. I wouldnt be surprised if Real Madrid target him though.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

So they obviously have an external manager lined up if they're saying hes going to be appointed in the next 48 hours. 48 hours to tie up paperwork etc. 

Who is free now and will agree to take a job for 5 months?

Wenger, Jardim, Southgate....Souness..

Roy Keane would be perfect for the job!! ;) :lol: 

Jose had to go. And whatever they end paying him it’s worth it for the club. He is poison. 

Talk from OT is they don’t have anyone lined up but will be undergoing an extensive search and recruitment process.... who knows?? 

Interesting times at OT. Sad to see Jose go. I hate the guy, but he does bring a certain type of entertainment with his personality 

Edited by ThomThomDrum

They need to get someone with real character and fearsome command of players and media alike. I don't think Potch fits the profile just yet. Simeone or Tuchel strike me as the calibre required. Tuchel's linguistic skill puts him in the frame for me. If they could get Allegri that would be another huge win. Basically steal one of the elite of the elite. Zidane would be a couple layers down for me. I'd take a punt on Eddie Howe before him tho.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I would consider PSG now an elite club in terms of the players and managers they can attract. The fact they are in the French league is pretty irrelevant as the champions league is the focus

They've become a home for big names looking for a huge payday, Jose will fit in well there. If ever a manager and club are a bad fitit's PSG and Jose, they have the talent but little in the way of cohesion or squad unity. Jose has managed to piss everyone off at every club he's been at in recent years, he's hardly the man to unite a group of huge egos into a functioning unit.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

say the fans of the other 19 clubs. :P 

Thats what they think but everyone will miss him, hate him or not. People are obsessed with him. As are the media. 

Can't see it being Tuchel as hes doing well in Paris. And I can't see any ex Man Utd players in the frame. 

Edited by The Nal

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

No chance it'll be that much, compensation usually covers buying out the contract and little more.

Chances are that shiny new contract will contain a release clause or two anyway.

They said at the time of signing there wasn't a release clause.

And levy ain't going to allow him out just for the value of the contract. He's not that nice!