Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Just now, The Nal said:

Genuine question though, who is out there if/when hes sacked?

Pochettino would be ideal for the glazers, fans and another step for pochettino himself. 

Other than that there is plenty of young talented managers around the world, as long as they do not go for a experienced(dated) manager like the last 3. 

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Genuine question though, who is out there if/when hes sacked? You can't rule out the possibility that with that squad and another manager it could actually get worse!

Youve gone a bit mad if you think that the likes of Klopp wouldnt get success out of Martial/Pogba/Sanchez. Stir crazy chief.

16 minutes ago, thetime said:

Pochettino would be ideal for the glazers, fans and another step for pochettino himself. 

Other than that there is plenty of young talented managers around the world, as long as they do not go for a experienced(dated) manager like the last 3. 

They want poch but so do Real.

So what are Bayern like these days? Got it in my head they're an aging side, not the team they were a few years back?

Made up to get a German side though, guaranteed great atmosphere, some of my favourite nights at Anfield have been against German opposition. 

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I didn't mention Martial or Pogba. Sanchez is overrated. Always has been. 1 good season with Barca and 1 good season with Arsenal. 

You mentioned "squad".

And Sanchez is a super footie player. Youre being disingenuous now.

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Champs league draw 

Schalke v Manchester City
Atlético Madrid v Juventus
Manchester United v Paris St-Germain
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund
Lyon v Barcelona
Roma v Porto
Ajax v Real Madrid
Liverpool v Bayern Munich

First time ever match between man Utd and psg!

Some tasty looking ties there, Spurs v Dortmund, Ajax v Real and Liverpool v Bayern should all be good.

I am no lover at all of Mourinho's United but I really hope they do PSG.

9 minutes ago, thetime said:

You were doing somersaults when united signed Sanchez. 

Nah I was happy they were spending money on the squad, he was a swap for a sub, then I saw that video, we agreed it was a positive signing but may not work out. He was coming off a 30 goal season with Arsenal in fairness. 

Anyway he didn't work out and looking back on his career now, two good seasons. And Utd only took him to stop City getting him. Mourinho doesn't know how to use him. Same for most wide players. 

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

So what are Bayern like these days? Got it in my head they're an aging side, not the team they were a few years back?

They walked the league last year, 6 in a row but appear to be struggling this season. I only saw the Dortmund game though which was a cracker. Dortmund won 3-2. 

Edited by The Nal

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Some tasty looking ties there, Spurs v Dortmund, Ajax v Real and Liverpool v Bayern should all be good.

I am no lover at all of Mourinho's United but I really hope they do PSG.

Tbh, if you man mark neymar out the game, you can get something from PSG. They just need to not get thrashed in Paris.