Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

10 minutes ago, thetime said:

Always going to happen after 20 years of domination, you got to take your medicine like united fans dished out for 20 years. 

Oh I'm just talking about in general. Always been the way. Even during the Fergie years.

Fergie shaking his head yesterday was a moment. A bad one for Mourinhos future.  

25 minutes ago, thetime said:

You are on about top 4 though, not the quality of the league. 

Take away the top 4 and look at the league might be a better place to start.

Top 5 is say. But on their day, Bournemouth, wolves, Watford etc are a LOT of fun 

Even Southampton are good with their new manager if yesterday was a judge.

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Utd seem to be following the decline of Milan. Once a world powerhouse in football, now just coasting on the name.

Coasting?

Its not comparable really. Milan ran out of money and Italian football in general went into the bin. Betting scandals, Juve being relegated, policemen getting killed outside stadiums, ultras storming city centre pubs and stabbing away fans etc. 

Utd have problems everywhere now. The board aren't football people, the scouts appear to be trolling the club, the players are shit and the manager looks past it. If Mourinho didn't have Zlatan in season 1 he would've been gone already. Masked so many issues. 

Its obvious to anyone that Smalling, Jones, Fellaini, Sanchez, Darmian, Lindelof, Fred, Rojo etc aren't anywhere near the standard of a Utd team. Roy Keanes disgust on Sky Sports yesterday was amusing. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Coasting?

Its not comparable really. Milan ran out of money and Italian football in general went into the bin. Betting scandals, Juve being relegated, policemen getting killed outside stadiums, ultras storming city centre pubs and stabbing away fans etc. 

Utd have problems everywhere now. The board aren't football people, the scouts appear to be trolling the club, the players are shit and the manager looks past it. If Mourinho didn't have Zlatan in season 1 he would've been gone already. Masked so many issues. 

Its obvious to anyone that Smalling, Jones, Fellaini, Sanchez, Darmian, Lindelof, Fred, Rojo etc aren't anywhere near the standard of a Utd team. Roy Keanes disgust on Sky Sports yesterday was amusing. 

Bit harsh on Fred. He hasn't been played!

But Yeah, I agree with you on that. I'm amazed he hasn't been sacked yet.

9 minutes ago, thetime said:

Bit of a tad over reaction I would of thought, united have won 3 trophies in the last 4 seasons and finished 2nd last season. 

Amazing to me how quickly a team with basically the same players can be 2nd all season and be so bad a few months later. 

Anyway looking forward to this Champions League draw. So many great possibilities. Should be a cracking set of matches. 

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Amazing to me how quickly a team with basically the same players can be 2nd all season and be so bad a few months later. 

Well they got lucky Liverpool were occupied with the champions league, chelsea/arsenal were coming to the end of there cycles with conte and wenger. 

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Bailly is the worst out of the lot, he is fucking awful.

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Could it be a case that the team is just not set up for the players to reach their potential. I would argue some of those players are as talented as players like Mane and Robertson who Liverpool squeeze every bit of potential from.

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Well they got lucky Liverpool were occupied with the champions league, chelsea/arsenal were coming to the end of there cycles with conte and wenger. 

Only conceded 28 goals all season though. Lost 6. Already lost 5 and conceded 29. Conceded 2 or more in 9 games. Thats a sharp turnaround.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

Could it be a case that the team is just not set up for the players to reach their potential. I would argue some of those players are as talented as players like Mane and Robertson who Liverpool squeeze every bit of potential from.

Yup defo possible with a couple of them but not all. Some of them just aren't good enough. 

I don't see any sort of football style implemented at the club though so its always going to be difficult for them I guess. No one seems to know what they're doing or supposed to do. 

Edited by The Nal

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Rest of us hope he stays for years. Keeps trying to implement his "style".

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

The end is near.... ?

Genuine question though, who is out there if/when hes sacked? You can't rule out the possibility that with that squad and another manager it could actually get worse!

Edited by The Nal