Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Discussion on BBC 5 live yesterday about fantasy rule changes. Now i know you lot will probably have none of this because you love your traditions in the game but lots of people discussing 0 points for a 0-0 draw.

Not saying I'm in favour, want your thoughts.

Idea was it would make teams attack more. It would totally screw us this season if it were in place.

17 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Discussion on BBC 5 live yesterday about fantasy rule changes. Now i know you lot will probably have none of this because you love your traditions in the game but lots of people discussing 0 points for a 0-0 draw.

Not saying I'm in favour, want your thoughts.

Idea was it would make teams attack more. It would totally screw us this season if it were in place.

Not for me. I think last season Huddersfield went (and got) a goaless draw against Chelsea through a combination of great defending and good luck. With discrepancy in money, I have no problem rewarding them for this.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Not for me. I think last season Huddersfield went (and got) a goaless draw against Chelsea through a combination of great defending and good luck. With discrepancy in money, I have no problem rewarding them for this.

Yes, away teams would be hard done by with this rule.

So a fantasy rule change for you sounds like some sort of transfer/wage cap.

Gonna end my VAR discussing now but I think some of the against arguments on here are piss poor.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yes, away teams would be hard done by with this rule.

So a fantasy rule change for you sounds like some sort of transfer/wage cap.

Gonna end my VAR discussing now but I think some of the against arguments on here are piss poor.

The unfairness in football doesn't get me overly worked up, in 30 years as a football fan it hasn't changed. If things were "fair" the premiership would not have a financial advantage and would have worse players.

My rule change would be to combine league 2 and the national league and regionalize into north and south. I would probably also increase the threshold in league and cups when yellow cards resulted in suspensions.

2 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Not the issue we're discussing though is it.

Shouldn’t it be? VAR is like trying to make the parking permit system in Homs fairer.

It makes it fairer.

Possibly. But only for a selected few, and it slows the game down. 

Strange coincidence that Newcastle haven't had an opponent sent off in nearly 150 games. There's been countless ones that should have been.

What are you trying to say, that all referees are mackems and VAR will fix that? 

You’re in favour of VAR because you think Newcastle will get more points because of it? 

1 minute ago, TheGayTent said:

Shouldn’t it be? VAR is like trying to make the parking permit system in Homs fairer.

Possibly. But only for a selected few, and it slows the game down. 

What are you trying to say, that all referees are mackems and VAR will fix that? 

You’re in favour of VAR because you think Newcastle will get more points because of it? 

I ended my discussion on this but I will reply to you.

Goals celebrations slow the game down, should they be taken out of the game?

I'm trying to say that it wouldn't have been 147 PL games with opponents getting away with it. 

I think it will make the game fairer, we'll get the points where we should and not the ones we shouldn't have.

4 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I ended my discussion on this but I will reply to you.

Thanks, honoured I’m sure. 

Goals celebrations slow the game down, should they be taken out of the game?

See the Homs comment

I'm trying to say that it wouldn't have been 147 PL games with opponents getting away with it. 

So you’re in favour because you believe it will benefit your club. Gotcha.

I think it will make the game fairer, we'll get the points where we should and not the ones we shouldn't have.

Completely ignoring all the other points.

30 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Well you said I'm in favour of VAR to only  benefit my club then quoted me saying the exact opposite of this ?

What you say and what you mean aren’t necessarily the same thing...

You ‘ended your discussion’....

You have ignored others who have given fair counter arguments. 

42 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

What you say and what you mean aren’t necessarily the same thing...

You ‘ended your discussion’....

You have ignored others who have given fair counter arguments. 

I said I want VAR to sort out the points that Newcastle should get and the ones they shouldn't.

Apparently I'm the one who is ignoring what people have said ?

I wanted to move on since everyone is going around in circles.

31 minutes ago, mjsell said:

'Slows the game down' is the worst of the worst as far as arguments go for me.

I completely get why someone would be against VAR, there are plenty of valid reasons, but that one is regurgitated bullshit.

So the game stops for nearly 10 minutes for the referee to stare at the screen in different angles and still make the wrong decision.

And that isn't a problem for you?