Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

20 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I haven't seen the incident you are talking about, but even with VAR you wouldn't get an offside call overturned only the other way round.

Huh? 

Perez scored and had it calked off for offside I'm led to believe. VAR would sort that out.

Shite if not.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Do people understand that VAR will correct opponents incorrect decisions as well as your own team? For most sides there will be no benefit in terms of points over a season.

VAR would mean Dele Alli would have been sent off 5 of the last 7 times we played against Spurs instead of 0. The dirty elbowing, stamping, diving mother fucker.

And even that doesn't make me support VAR.

11 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Of course, some of us just want a fairer game.

Do you think it's fair the difference in spending power between Man City and Huddersfield? There is nothing fair about football!

My impression is that all football fans think more decisions go against them, than for them. My understanding of maths tells me that can't be true!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Do you think it's fair the difference in spending power between Man City and Huddersfield? There is nothing fair about football!

My impression is that all football fans think more decisions go against them, than for them. My understanding of maths tells me that can't be true!

Another issue for another day.

I can't believe the levels of push back against VAR on here. I'll state once again that I believe they could do with improving the system.

To your last point, 147 games since Newcastle had an opposition player sent off in the Premier League. 

4 hours ago, mjsell said:

On the subject of VAR, check out the red card given because of it in this game - starts at at about the minute mark. Wasn't appealed for by any player, no one had a clue what he was looking at. 

Well there you go, you still get your "entertainment" with the like of Souness and the other t@ts discussing something like this every once in a while.

28 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

A far more important issue in relation to fairness? 

I can't believe the levels of push back against VAR on here. I'll state once again that I believe they could do with improving the system.

It doesn’t make the game fair. And it slows down the game. I’m surprised at the number of people for it. 

To your last point, 147 games since Newcastle had an opposition player sent off in the Premier League. 

What’s your point? 

19 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

A far more important issue in relation to fairness? 

It doesn’t make the game fair. And it slows down the game. I’m surprised at the number of people for it. 

What’s your point? 

Not the issue we're discussing though is it.

It makes it fairer.

Strange coincidence that Newcastle haven't had an opponent sent off in nearly 150 games. There's been countless ones that should have been.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

In terms of fairness there is nothing fair about punishing a defender by putting a tackle or contact with arm in slow motion and completely distorting the incident.

It's possible that Newcastle haven't had the rub of the green on red card incidents, but they may have been favoured on another decision that referees make. Apart from the odd Liverpool and man utd fan I have never come across a football fan that thinks their team is favoured by officials, it doesn't take a genius to work out we can't all be correct!

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

In terms of fairness there is nothing fair about punishing a defender by putting a tackle or contact with arm in slow motion and completely distorting the incident.

It's possible that Newcastle haven't had the rub of the green on red card incidents, but they may have been favoured on another decision that referees make. Apart from the odd Liverpool and man utd fan I have never come across a football fan that thinks their team is favoured by officials, it doesn't take a genius to work out we can't all be correct!

I'm not saying that either though. There's times when we've scored and it should have been calked off. 

It just seens a strange stat that it's been nearly 150 games.

How does slowing down an incident distort it? A bad tackle is a bad tackle.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

2 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'm not saying that either though. There's times when we've scored and it should have been calked off. 

It just seens a strange stat that it's been nearly 150 games.

How does slowing down an incident distort it? A bad tackle is a bad tackle.

I think putting the incident in slow motion makes everything look more deliberate and therefore worse. Football is a real time game and actions should be judged in real time.