Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

57 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

The "black footballer buys mansion", "Sterling has £1m fleet of fancy cars", "black footballer has home near where previously successful footballers did" articles were basically "black people don't deserve nice things".

I think not just the fact he is black, but his background.I suspect a black person from a private school upbringing would be treated differently.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

In terms of his job I would have thought it wouldn't be a case of choosing who to believe, but would need evidence.

Probably similar to the Suarez vs Evra and then Firmino vs Holgate. One had enough evidence and the other abandoned for lack of evidence.. I guess the issue with the crowd is though that cameras can’t be targeted on all the crowd all the time.

2 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

The example Sterling posted about was clear racism, two 20 yr olds from City on the fringes of getting games, one gets lambasted for splashing out on a £2m mansion for his mother, one gets praised for the canny investment of buying a £2m house for his dear mum.

Playing devil's advocate. Could the fact that Foden is" the English next big thing" impact on the coverage, I personally hadn't heard of the other bloke.

16 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Playing devil's advocate. Could the fact that Foden is" the English next big thing" impact on the coverage, I personally hadn't heard of the other bloke.

There's lots of potential "could be" things here. However I'm pretty comfortable saying that the Occam's Razor of "The Daily Mail is being racist" is an easy conclusion.

have watched the last two Liverpool matches. Salah is about back to the form he had when he started his time at Liverpool - getting 6 fantastic chances in a match, only putting away one. The rest of the front line is getting chances (to also miss :Pnow too.

I'm thinking that we're going to be seeing some more of last season's fantastic Salah fairly soon. It took him a while to build up to that last year too.

Great timing for that improvement, with the big match against City in a few weeks. Only minor teams till that game.

44 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

have watched the last two Liverpool matches. Salah is about back to the form he had when he started his time at Liverpool - getting 6 fantastic chances in a match, only putting away one. The rest of the front line is getting chances (to also miss :Pnow too.

I'm thinking that we're going to be seeing some more of last season's fantastic Salah fairly soon. It took him a while to build up to that last year too.

Great timing for that improvement, with the big match against City in a few weeks. Only minor teams till that game.

They need to be careful this weekend: mid table teams away from home sometimes have something to prove. Could be a banana skin

17 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Been reading that Lukaku binned off his agent because he wanted the Chelsea move not United? Weird. Also just seen that Chelsea are thinking of letting Morata go on loan in Jan... Madness... Who you gonna replace him with?! 

Maybe just rotate Hazard in false 9 and Giroud at CF for the rest of the season then go for Icardi or someone else in summer.

I was up for giving Morata the time of day at the start of the season but he's been bad and I think he needs a change TBH. 

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

They are/were an online only sports broadcaster who outbid Sky for La Liga, Serie A, PGA and UFC rights and are now going tits up.

So looks like La Liga may be back on Sky soon. 

La Liga is dreadful from a viewing perspective so not fussed either way. 

1 hour ago, rock the clock said:

Maybe just rotate Hazard in false 9 and Giroud at CF for the rest of the season then go for Icardi or someone else in summer.

I was up for giving Morata the time of day at the start of the season but he's been bad and I think he needs a change TBH. 

Hmm. I don't think Hazard in false 9 is a viable option. Our best player should be playing in his best position and it definitely isn't there. Would love for us to sign Icardi but can't see it happening. Giroud's contract expires in the summer and if Morata moves on as well, we'll be looking at Michy Batshuayi and Tammy Abraham as our only senior strikers. Time will tell...