Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Some proper c**ts at football isn't there? The racism is obviously fucking disgusting but why would you even be that aggressive in the first place. One of the reasons I only attend a few games. Mob mentality is horrible. Anyway... Hope they ban that lad for life and send his details to the police.

30 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Some proper c**ts at football isn't there? The racism is obviously fucking disgusting but why would you even be that aggressive in the first place. One of the reasons I only attend a few games. Mob mentality is horrible. Anyway... Hope they ban that lad for life and send his details to the police.

Part of the reason I stopped playing and attending games as much. Loads of blokes in their 30s, 40s & 50s acting like 12 year olds. Embarrassing.

13 hours ago, jyoung said:

Was at a Wrexham game on Saturday vs Eastleigh. One of the Eatsleigh players took out one of our lads, poor tackle, crowd wasn't happy naturally. Then I hear behind me the go to racist tagline at the footie ' f off you black b*stard.' I just turn around look at him and go 'are you serious mate?' He turns away not saying anything, knowing what he said is bang out of order. 

The baffling thing is one of our best players has just come back from injury and was starting that game is black. Some absolute morons. 

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Was at a Wrexham game on Saturday vs Eastleigh. One of the Eatsleigh players took out one of our lads, poor tackle, crowd wasn't happy naturally. Then I hear behind me the go to racist tagline at the footie ' f off you black b*stard.' I just turn around look at him and go 'are you serious mate?' He turns away not saying anything, knowing what he said is bang out of order. 

The baffling thing is one of our best players has just come back from injury and was starting that game is black. Some absolute morons. 

The same clown at Chelsea would've been cheering Kantes goal.

32 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Oh yeah? Didn't see that. Sterling seemed to think it was the other thing?

Just reports I have seen.

With whats been reported in the media and social media has been full of it over the weekend, will be interesting to see if he was just being a nob head instead of a racist nob head.  It is certainly a trial by media, one way or another it is also going to be interesting how the journalists respond to sterling's claims. 

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

With whats been reported in the media and social media has been full of it over the weekend, will be interesting to see if he was just being a nob head instead of a racist nob head.  It is certainly a trial by media, one way or another it is also going to be interesting how the journalists respond to sterling's claims. 

Either way, lads who know they're on the telly screaming abuse at someone like that is silly. Embarrassing for them. They have to go home to the wife or into work after that.  

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Either way, lads who know they're on the telly screaming abuse at someone like that is silly. Embarrassing for them. They have to go home to the wife or into work after that.  

Yeah I agree, but a big difference between being a nob head and being hounded by the press and social media for being racist if that was not the case. You could go to any game this weekend in the premier league and there were guys like him throwing abuse. 

30 minutes ago, thetime said:

He was making a wider point about racism in the media coverage of young players which the sun completely ignored, (as in they cut that bit out of their reporting of the post). The others are doing the piers Morgan line of explaining carefully to sterling that all the racism he sees is just in his head and that he shouldn't do flashy stuff of he doesn't want to be abused.

As to that specific incident, I'd take his word over the fan's. A racist Chelsea fan is hardly a massive surprise! And they knew they were going to be on tv and acted like that, so I'm not going to sympathetic of they whine about 'trip by media' now.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

He was making a wider point about racism in the media coverage of young players which the sun completely ignored, (as in they cut that bit out of their reporting of the post). The others are doing the piers Morgan line of explaining carefully to sterling that all the racism he sees is just in his head and that he shouldn't do flashy stuff of he doesn't want to be abused.

As to that specific incident, I'd take his word over the fan's. A racist Chelsea fan is hardly a massive surprise! And they knew they were going to be on tv and acted like that, so I'm not going to sympathetic of they whine about 'trip by media' now.

Oh all Chelsea fans are guilty by association. 

18 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Sterling has shown some sense in calling out the media instead of targeting the individual. Look at the climate that enables racism instead of just point and shout racist. 

Will be interesting what happens now, not seen a single journalist take responsibility for it though and rather just saying the right things. 

Edited by thetime

40 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Sterling has shown some sense in calling out the media instead of targeting the individual. Look at the climate that enables racism instead of just point and shout racist. 

that would be the tribalism of football.

As Nal pointed out, the racist was probably cheering the black Chelsea players. 

I reckon there's a decent chance that the same geezer* wouldn't dream of using the same expressions anywhere except the terraces.
(* tho of course there's some out-and-out racists who would).

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that would be the tribalism of football.

As Nal pointed out, the racist was probably cheering the black Chelsea players. 

I reckon there's a decent chance that the same geezer* wouldn't dream of using the same expressions anywhere except the terraces.
(* tho of course there's some out-and-out racists who would).

I don't disagree with that either. Considering how the tribal nature formed as being towns and cities uniting around their local team, it's amazing how much of that nature has been retained even with the increasing globalisation in the sport.