Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

It was a great tackle, a fair tackle. Gomez was just very unlucky. It happens. 

Yup. I watched all the Burnley/Liverpool game, and with staggered kick offs I also got 30 minutes of the Utd/Arsenal game.

The most brutal team I saw that night was Utd, by a long chalk. Burnley played hard but fair.

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Liverpool equalled the "fewest goals conceded in the first 15 games" record* (for the prem era) on Wednesday, so i reckon that gives an indication.
(* yes, it's a crap record)

This time last season who'd have thought Liverpool would be setting defensive records? :lol: 

It's a shit record. Goal difference is where it's at.

Ayr’s game tonight against Inverness cancelled at 7.10pm due to high winds. Had been moved to suit BT.

Nothing new but it’s embarrassing how football treats the paying punter in favour of the armchair fans.

Hats off and huge sympathy to the folk now heading back up the road in this weather. 

24 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Ayr’s game tonight against Inverness cancelled at 7.10pm due to high winds. Had been moved to suit BT.

Nothing new but it’s embarrassing how football treats the paying punter in favour of the armchair fans.

Hats off and huge sympathy to the folk now heading back up the road in this weather. 

The life of a football going fan, a rare occurrence for us united fans is a 3pm sat fane tomorrow.

Going back to Ayr, fantastic seeing them doing well. Been to see them 30/40 times over the years due to my moms family living 10 mins away from the stadium. 

13 minutes ago, thetime said:

The life of a football going fan, a rare occurrence for us united fans is a 3pm sat fane tomorrow.

Going back to Ayr, fantastic seeing them doing well. Been to see them 30/40 times over the years due to my moms family living 10 mins away from the stadium. 

Of all the games to pick in December, why make Inverness fans travel to Ayr on a Friday night.

Didnt realise you had an Ayr connection :-)

Been going since the 80’s and this might be as good as it has been although I will always have a soft spot for Ally MacLeods team.

I grew up a 10 min walk from Somerset.

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Of all the games to pick in December, why make Inverness fans travel to Ayr on a Friday night.

Didnt realise you had an Ayr connection ?

Been going since the 80’s and this might be as good as it has been although I will always have a soft spot for Ally MacLeods team.

I grew up a 10 min walk from Somerset.

When was the last time the top 2 leagues in Scotland were topped by teams from Ayrshire?

Edited by LJS

7 hours ago, LJS said:

When was the last time the top 2 leagues in Scotland were topped by teams from Ayrshire?

There’s only one team in Ayrshire:-)

Yeah, Steve Clarke’s done an incredible job at Killie. Looking down on Rogers Celtic and Gerard’s Rangers and the massive resources they have.

Think they’re top on points gained across the calendar year as well as being top in the real world.

My Killie supporting pals fear an English club coming in for him.

Same goes for us with our top striker Shankland being watched by Swansea and Sunderland. I’m just enjoying it while it lasts :-)

Think Shanklands scored 50 goals in 50 games. Good shooting at any level.

11 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Didnt realise you had an Ayr connection :-)

Yes lots of connections, more up there than down here. only one in Ayr now, mostly in villages like Rankinston, Maybole, dalrymple and a little further away in Girvan. It’s absolute brutal in the winter places like Rankinston.

9 hours ago, zahidf said:

Chelsea did Liverpool a big favour there.

David Luiz is such so weird as a player. He is either amazing or dogshit.

Correct. Hopefully he kicks on now because he's not been great prior to yesterday. Really good win for us though and even if we aren't properly in the mix, it's always good to see it open at the top.