Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Yeah I'd say Arsenal have been doing alright, all things considered. Haven't lost for a while have they? Honeymoon period looks to be over at Chelsea. How quickly things can change. Think the league may end up looking very similar to last year. To be expected really.

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

My confidence in Arsenal getting top 4 has only grown in the last week... 

Not sure where the sudden opinion of them definitely not getting it has come from.

Think it's the poor defending from both teams last night. Also not sure it'll stop them. 

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Not sure where the sudden opinion of them definitely not getting it has come from.

From what I’ve seen this season, spurs and Chelsea are much better teams. Although agree points wise doesn’t support this, we will see from Christmas to March where I expect Chelsea and spurs to be clear of Arsenal. 

From the games I've seen Arsenal and Chelsea seemed to be better than Spurs, but over the last few weeks it looks like Chelsea have gone off the boil as soon as Hazard has struggled for form. Arsenal have had a pretty tough run over the last month and still unbeaten since the opening weekend. Pretty tight between all three of them really.

2 hours ago, Dan R said:

From the games I've seen Arsenal and Chelsea seemed to be better than Spurs, but over the last few weeks it looks like Chelsea have gone off the boil as soon as Hazard has struggled for form. Arsenal have had a pretty tough run over the last month and still unbeaten since the opening weekend. Pretty tight between all three of them really.

Oh for sure. Arsenal are 20 games unbeaten in all competitions in a row.

• Upvote 1

You know how far Uniteds star has fallen when Southampton are sacking their manager immediately after drawing against them. 10 years ago a draw against United was treated like a cup final win.

In regards to Arsenal and Spurs, Arsenal looked the better team of the 2 when City played them. Spurs were really disappointing.

2 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Arsenal looked better when they played each other as well!

I missed the first half of that game due to being on nights. Seen the second half and Arsenal gave them a thumping. Yet Spurs had just come off the back of difficult games against Chelsea and a must win against Inter. I thought Spurs may have just ran out of steam a little in the Arsenal game.

Will see how Chelsea get on this weekend as they would be my bet to finish outside top 4. Spurs gave them a good hiding and United outplayed them as well.

I do think spurs will have an uptick in form following their move to the new stadium in the new year.  Had their lowest attendance yet at Wembley midweek (pretty understandably) - so just think they will get a bit of a kick come the move. 

Last I heard they are aiming for the United game on the 16th Jan.

6 hours ago, eastynh said:

I missed the first half of that game due to being on nights. Seen the second half and Arsenal gave them a thumping. Yet Spurs had just come off the back of difficult games against Chelsea and a must win against Inter. I thought Spurs may have just ran out of steam a little in the Arsenal game.

Will see how Chelsea get on this weekend as they would be my bet to finish outside top 4. Spurs gave them a good hiding and United outplayed them as well.

I probably agree with you on Chelsea being the most likely to miss out (after Man U), but Hazard could get them 3rd place on his own, if he stays fit and in form without his head turned.

31 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I probably agree with you on Chelsea being the most likely to miss out (after Man U), but Hazard could get them 3rd place on his own, if he stays fit and in form without his head turned.

Oh, man Utd aren't in the conversation for top 4 anymore. they are pretty much out of it

10/1 for Fulham to win at old Trafford seems good value 

13 minutes ago, thetime said:

Dyche certainly went of on one yesterday. 

I think he's got a point. Burnley played hard but not unreasonably so.

They do play harder than plenty of other teams tho, and with Gomez getting injured I'm not surprised that Klopp had a moan. Gomez has been one the best players this season, outstanding most of the time.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think he's got a point. Burnley played hard but not unreasonably so.

They do play harder than plenty of other teams tho, and with Gomez getting injured I'm not surprised that Klopp had a moan. Gomez has been one the best players this season, outstanding most of the time.

Not seen much of Liverpool this season to make a personal judgement, by what the media and mates say he’s been very good. 

13 minutes ago, thetime said:

Not seen much of Liverpool this season to make a personal judgement, by what the media and mates say he’s been very good. 

Liverpool equalled the "fewest goals conceded in the first 15 games" record* (for the prem era) on Wednesday, so i reckon that gives an indication.
(* yes, it's a crap record)

This time last season who'd have thought Liverpool would be setting defensive records? :lol: