Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

There you are - Van Persie aside that’s a very ordinary (polite) Arsenal side. 

That is an atrocious defensive line-up. Awful keeper, awful full-backs, incredibly mediocre centre backs (yes Koscielny did improve after that). Coquelin must have been 19 or something then as the sole defensive mid.

Rosicky had a lot of good games for Arsenal, but he doesn't exactly add steel to a line-up that vulnerable. Arshavin had some cracking moments but over a season was usually pretty shit.

Just now, WS_Jack_III said:

We're all skeptical now about all this.

Believe it when we see him holding the shirt at SJP.

I'm skeptical about everything to do with the club now. Ashley has killed the fans having hope. I didn't believe it a year ago with Amanda Staveley and I don't believe it now. Ashley will try and get more money than the club is worth after what he's done to it, and still be there. Again. 

2 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I'm skeptical about everything to do with the club now. Ashley has killed the fans having hope. I didn't believe it a year ago with Amanda Staveley and I don't believe it now. Ashley will try and get more money than the club is worth after what he's done to it, and still be there. Again. 

The only hope i'm clinging on to is the fact is he's got trouble over at SD and maybe he wants to go and focus on that again.

6 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

The only hope i'm clinging on to is the fact is he's got trouble over at SD and maybe he wants to go and focus on that again.

He doesn't focus anything on the club anyway. He just lies about transfer funding and makes vague promises to sell. 

6 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

He doesn't focus anything on the club anyway. He just lies about transfer funding and makes vague promises to sell. 

Shareholders aren't happy with the negative press he's generating via the club though. Share price has plummeted since the summer. 

4 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Lots of dodgy transfer dealings and mess with agents. He didn't exactly leave Chelsea in a blaze of glory. 

Although at least he never signed a player for £2m as a favour to an agent. 

oh right. When was he at Chelsea? 

it can't get much worse than Ashley.

3 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Shareholders aren't happy with the negative press he's generating via the club though. Share price has plummeted since the summer. 

it can't get much worse than Ashley.

Good. 

Early Abrahmovic. Ashley Cole saga was him. They had quite a lot of legal issues around signings he was involved in. 

I mean, he's fucking awful, but there have been worse. Remember Venkys taking over Blackburn? The collapse of Leeds? 

Just now, kaosmark2 said:

Good. 

Early Abrahmovic. Ashley Cole saga was him. They had quite a lot of legal issues around signings he was involved in. 

I mean, he's fucking awful, but there have been worse. Remember Venkys taking over Blackburn? The collapse of Leeds? 

I know some clubs have had it worse like. Kenyon obviously knows the PL though if he's been in Man U & Chelsea and if it's not actually his money going into the club, surely he'll be answering to someone else?

4 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I know some clubs have had it worse like. Kenyon obviously knows the PL though if he's been in Man U & Chelsea and if it's not actually his money going into the club, surely he'll be answering to someone else?

Kenyon would be the equivalent of Levy at spurs in terms of how it'd operate. He'd do all the day to day transfer work and approval. 

And the top of the prem is different from the bottom. We'll see how shit turns out though. I expect Ashley is just bigging up the prospect of selling the club as an excuse not to invest in January. 

9 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Kenyon would be the equivalent of Levy at spurs in terms of how it'd operate. He'd do all the day to day transfer work and approval. 

And the top of the prem is different from the bottom. We'll see how shit turns out though. I expect Ashley is just bigging up the prospect of selling the club as an excuse not to invest in January. 

That was my initial thought too. 

24 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

He was at Chels for about 6 years in the 00s.

17 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Yep. He's a notorious spender (tho I suppose he was able to at United / Chelsea) and seemed to attract rather a lot of unfavorable attention.

4 hours ago, jyoung said:

Yep. He's a notorious spender (tho I suppose he was able to at United / Chelsea) and seemed to attract rather a lot of unfavorable attention.

It wasn't just big money signings though, lots of high agents fees, lots of tapping up accusations, a couple of which actually got reported and pursued. There was the thing of him not meant to be starting at Chelsea for a while after leaving man u to avoid knowledge of their deals, then Chelsea managed to steal the signings of Robben and Mikel. 

Do you remember what happened in the legal aftermath of that? I know man u put in a formal complaint of some manner but I can't remember how it resolved.