Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

On 11/3/2018 at 11:14 PM, pink_triangle said:

TGT how many Brazilian players have played for West Ham? MOTD gave the incredible statistic that Anderson is the first Brazilian to score 2 goals in a match for you!

Great aren’t they MotD - incredible ha!

Prior to Anderson we’d only had 3 Brazilians contracted to us and between them they managed a grand total of 19 appearances  - most of those as sub. 

Paulista never got on the pitch and Nene was a midfielder brought in by allardyce who made 8 appearances in half a season then went back to his parent club. The only Brazilian who had scored for us before Anderson was Ilan. He scored 4 goals in 11 games at the back end of Zola’s last season. But all singles. 

Incredible my foot. 

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Utd aren’t bad enough to sack Maureen. LFC have fallen into that weird trap a couple times recently. 

As for City, coasting to the league and will more than likely go unbeaten for the next couple seasons.

I dunno. Difference with Liverpool was that they have a plan they are working towards, and their signings are relatively well sourced and working

Whereas Utd seems chaotic. Fred has already been given up on it seems! And the best goal scorer and goalkeeper are soon out of contract and want out.. 

And 7 points behind top 4 isn't insurmountable, but I've my doubts they'll bridge the gap 

Edited by zahidf

City have a great squad and that's what it comes down to. They can rest Aguero, Stones, Mahrez, Otamendi and David Silva but replace them with Jesus, Kompany, Sane, Laporte and Gundogan. We haven't even seen KbD this season. I think Liverpool made some good moves in the summer and are in their best ever position to deliver success but when you're competing with City, it's going to be an uphill battle. Chelsea are too reliant on Hazard, United have suffered from a bad transfer strategy, Tottenham haven't improved the squad and Arsenal look far better up top than they do at the back. 

In other news, I had a quick look for an NBA thread but couldn't find one and needed somewhere to brag so it's going to have to fall on you lucky lot. My other half has surprised me with a trip to Miami next year and I'm thrilled to say we've got tickets for Miami Heat vs Milwaukee Bucks... Literally cannot wait!

13 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I will not rub it in too much with them mate as I know how much derby day losses hurt. It is not a nice feeling really. Nice to keep grounded and show a modicum of humility.

Are any of the Man City fans botherd about where the money comes from? Or  does the success meam blind eyes are turned to people involved in regimes with very poor human rights record?

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Are any of the Man City fans botherd about where the money comes from? Or  does the success meam blind eyes are turned to people involved in regimes with very poor human rights record?

Not arsed one little bit, could not care less. Its just a stick for fans or rival teams to beat City with. All these people making an issue of it would not have given a toss what went on in Abu Dhabi if it was not for the fact they have pumped money into City. Why were all these people who now think it is an issue, not doing anything about it 10 years ago?

No one gave a toss about the shithole of an area I grew up in, yet everyone is now some kind of Asian human rights activist. They should take a look nearer to home and see the shit that goes on here before they start waxing lyrical about what is happening in Adu Dhabi.

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not arsed one little bit, could not care less. Its just a stick for fans or rival teams to beat City with. All these people making an issue of it would not have given a toss what went on in Abu Dhabi if it was not for the fact they have pumped money into City. Why were all these people who now think it is an issue, not doing anything about it 10 years ago?

No one gave a toss about the shithole of an area I grew up in, yet everyone is now some kind of Asian human rights activist. They should take a look nearer to home and see the shit that goes on here before they start waxing lyrical about what is happening in Adu Dhabi.

If the same people were in charge of man utd, city fans would happily use it as a stick to beat man utd. It's not a criticism of City fans (as other clubs fans would act the same in the same situation) but more an observation how the morals of football fans can be brought by big amounts of cash.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

If the same people were in charge of man utd, city fans would happily use it as a stick to beat man utd. It's not a criticism of City fans (as other clubs fans would act the same in the same situation) but more an observation how the morals of football fans can be brought by big amounts of cash.

United have loads of shady goings on in their past. They also get sponsored off loads of companies that come from countries with dubious human rights. 

Its alright people getting all offended by things happening in Abu Dhabi yet they don't give a toss and do nothing to help the homeless on our streets. They also don't care about our Government selling arms to countries with dubious human rights records. Yet because their football team are no longer at the top, they all suddenly become human rights activists and Manchester City are now the route of all evil.

Idiots like Stan Collymore spouting utter nonsense. The man battered his girlfriend and got caught dogging. If anyone is morally bankrupt it his him.

22 minutes ago, eastynh said:

United have loads of shady goings on in their past. They also get sponsored off loads of companies that come from countries with dubious human rights. 

Its alright people getting all offended by things happening in Abu Dhabi yet they don't give a toss and do nothing to help the homeless on our streets. They also don't care about our Government selling arms to countries with dubious human rights records. Yet because their football team are no longer at the top, they all suddenly become human rights activists and Manchester City are now the route of all evil.

Idiots like Stan Collymore spouting utter nonsense. The man battered his girlfriend and got caught dogging. If anyone is morally bankrupt it his him.

I don’t support any premiership team (in fact City are historically one of my favourites) and the fact they are controlled by that regime takes some of the gloss off it for me, then again in general as the money that’s poured into the league has increased, my enjoyment has generally decreased. 

As I have said all football fans turn a blind eye when convenient, it’s nothing specific to City.

Footie takes vast sponsorship from booze, gambling etc. Gives hyoooojj quantities of cashmoney to crooked agents. Whole enterprise is a farce. That’s why I’m all for the Euro league. Prem is a bust. City getting 100 points every year now. Move on, it’s over. Nobody listens to techno.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Footie takes vast sponsorship from booze, gambling etc. Gives hyoooojj quantities of cashmoney to crooked agents. Whole enterprise is a farce. That’s why I’m all for the Euro league. Prem is a bust. City getting 100 points every year now. Move on, it’s over. Nobody listens to techno.

Pretty much every footie competition in Scotland is sponsored by the bookies plus lots of clubs. Then we have regular issues with players addicted to gambling not to mention fans, a farce as you say.....and if that’s an Alabama 3 reference I like it :-)

I am all for leveling the playing field up. Teams can only spend say for example 80 million net spend every year and they each have exactly the same wage budget. The big teams would never allow it, they want the playing field skewed in their favour.

It's all bent as fuck.

24 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am all for leveling the playing field up. Teams can only spend say for example 80 million net spend every year and they each have exactly the same wage budget. The big teams would never allow it, they want the playing field skewed in their favour.

It's all bent as fuck.

Not that I disagree with you, but if this happened, where would the money go? Even if you levelled out TV income and sponsorship, shirt sales, attendances, and other factors would give some teams more financial clout than others. Does that go to owners? Agents (who aren't factored into transfer spending)? Some other leeches?

17 minutes ago, zahidf said:

he says he's never bet on football, so one or the other side of this story looks to be seriously wrong.

I'm guessing the "never bet" part is correct, because its a daft excuse to give if you have made footie bets, as making footie bets isn't wrong in itself (only particular types of bets).