Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

On 10/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, eastynh said:

Is there any hope for England's midfield? The trio that played against Croatia was utterly abysmal. 3 absolute headless chickens who are devoid of any skill, control or creativity what so ever. 

There are young players out there available and coming through the ranks. They have just shown promise rather than consistent quality. Do we bite the bullet and start blooding them now, or are there other options.

Personally I don't think Foden is quite ready but that midfield 3 the other night was just not good enough. 

Not aged well:-)

Great result and game from England last night.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It was a good result, however I felt the BBC were stretching it when they said one of the biggest wins in Englands recent football history.

Yeah I'd probably say winning a world cup quarter final is bigger...

Still nothing wrong with being happy with a good result.

As far as I can see Barkley isn't playing as well as he did in that period behind Lukaku under Martinez but now he's moved to Chelsea we've "discovered" the player to take England's midfield to the next level..

the joys of supporting an unfashionable club!

Edited by lost

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

Apparently that counted as competitive. I'm still not sure how. 

Someone on one of the football podcasts said Poland have already been relegated and probably dont care and that's probably true. 

I can see the top league being like the league 1/league 2 cup (whatever it's called these days) where fans won't care untill the semi finals.

I have to say at present I'm yet to be won over. Not only does the tournament not excite me, it restricts opportunity for non European teams to play European ones and close the gap that has been widening in recent years.

47 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Someone on one of the football podcasts said Poland have already been relegated and probably dont care and that's probably true. 

I can see the top league being like the league 1/league 2 cup (whatever it's called these days) where fans won't care untill the semi finals.

I have to say at present I'm yet to be won over. Not only does the tournament not excite me, it restricts opportunity for non European teams to play European ones and close the gap that has been widening in recent years.

Yarp.

35 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Good game. Much more positive from a Utd point of view. Entertaining melee at the end too.

Yep. Thought you were bit naff first half but we were worse in the second. Morata is frustrating upfront. We'd be so much stronger with Giroud there, I think. Draw probably a fair outcome imo. United starting to get their fight back tho, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

2 points from a possible 27. ?

We're f*cked. Created loads today and just can't score. How anybody can defend Mike Ashley is beyond me. Heading for our 3rd relegation in 11 years under his ownership. Apparently the club were relegated just four times in 117 years before that.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Cant blame him for that one in fairness. 

you can't blame him for the Chelsea geezer willy-waving in his face, just like you can't blame any set of disappointed fans for the willy-waving celebrations of the opposition team's supporters.

When the disappointed respond to the willy waving in an aggressive manner, we call that "hooliganism".

It was classy of Chelsea to immediately own the willy-waving of their side.

It was laughable of Moaniho to claim himself innocent.